Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I hit the mirror adjustment knob with my knee, and the damn thing just broke off...

Where should i get a new one? how hard is the installation?

My Passat is a 2000.

Thanks a lot!

Tomer

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Go to dealership, costs 20-30 USD. Take flat screwdriver put chlot on it (not to scratch plastic) and simply pop of broken part. It is pretty straight, lot of us had same prob.(braking it) and none of us had problem changing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply.

Does anyone know of an online place where i can purchase the unit?

Tomer

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Taking off the door panel is easy. Requires Torks wrench. You go underneah the handle and split it from the bottom. Pull the back side of the handle out, then unscrew the plate that holds the power window controls. Disconnect the power window switches. Take out the two torks bolts at the bottom of the panel. At the lower back corner is a clip that needs to be popped. Then you can get the panel off and get the mirror adjuster out without marring the surface. Part was $30 at the dealer for me.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Beavis said:
How did you hit the mirror knob with your knee? Who are you, Herman Munster? That thing is WAY up there!
With me was the same. I was parked in tight space and while trying to come out of car I kick it with knee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts