Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it was great to meet you. Nice to see some other nicely modded B5's in the area. All my pics came out like crap...well except for the one of Randy, but he asked me not to post it :lol:

Def a good idea to make it a monthly meet!!

-Kristofer

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Damn that was quick. I just got in, jumped online and you'd already beat me to it.

Enjoyed meeting you Kris - I had already met Stephen and Randy - and enjoyed the trip to Hooters too. Too bad about the pics, let's hope Stephen's come out - and what were we thinking leaving the cameras in the cars!

Don't forget to check out www.b5one.com too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah yeah, will do.

Must be the new turbo gettin me home quick :lol:

I say next time we need to organize a photo shoot w/ the girls and the rides!!

Hmm, could we say it's my car's birthday?? :crazy: or maybe at Marks???

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Oh yeah, the new turbo left me way back through the 293 S curves - holy hell you were flying. I was doing 90 and you were still pulling away.

Now for photos, can we get the girls at Mark's to pose? There's the question.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha....I've got to tell you something though. I'm still not shifting above 4k, but...BUT you pulled away from me at the stop's and had me worried!!

I guess it will all work out in the end w/ a little help from some friends and some ecu work.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey guys... Nice hanging out with you guys... we have to do it again... catch the daylight with some clean rides!!! Keep in touch... and Kris it's almost timing belt time so I'll be hitting you up for your expertise I'm looking at the ultimate kit from ECS... I'll keep you posted... Thanks, again guys...
~randy

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Ran,

We definitely need a daytime gtg - better pics are always a good thing. I'd love some rolling shots so I'm thinking meeting up at either your place or mine and then a quick run down 93 would be a bonus. I'm thinking a foliage ride might be a cool thing but its getting late in the season so not sure we can put it together. Even a quick run down Rte 28 Bypass around the lake etc. would be kind of cool.

I think between the three of us, we can keep Kris pretty busy too. :lol:

Mike

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Guys,

Great time. It was good to meet all of you. A group of guys as crazy
about cars as I am... possibly crazier, is a good thing!

Hope to hook up again soon. Next time well take some more
pictures.... and get some more people. Yes the girls at Mark's will do!

Damm I need to get my car setup...! You guys have a major jump on me.

I sent the best pics to mike. Glad they came out! Next time Tripod is needed.

When is the next garage day? I have a TON of work to do..! You think I should paint that chrome VW badge black?

-Stephen

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
BTW - Great cars guys! All different.. all SWEET.

Even if Kris has the same car (year and color) as me with EVERYTHING - I'm not jealous. NOPE - not me! :bow:

Mike - you going to post those wheel shots to we can give Kris some S..t?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha.....yeah it's great to have some other B5'ers around. Stephen I'm going to try and get working on the 86 GTI tomorrow. Maybe sometime in the next week or so I could have you take a look at it and you can give me your $.02 on it.

I've got the tripod sitting right next to me so it'll be ready for the next time around.

Randy let me know when you're going to start turning wrenches so I can be avail to help if ya like.

once again, it was great to meet a new group of guys that are passionate about their cars, and fun people to hang with. :thumbup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah, i almost forgot to mention!!!

It's not definate yet...but it's a very good possibility that I'm going to have a lift to use in the near future! :lol: No more working on ours backs :crazy:

I'll keep ya posted as it develops

Damn....I'm finally in 1st Gear :beer:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Happy to help with the GTI - and 86 GTI was my first of many VWs.

Great car...! Remind me to tell you about my road trip to Deleware in mine.

We can hook you up with Herk Enerprises. They have many A2 chassis on hand for any parts you need. I built a few project VW's with these guys. Very cool shop. www.herkenterprises.com - site is OK. Parts and Info they offer are fantastic.

I can't wait to get my car chipped - I have to do plugs, TT DV, Vaccum hoses, clean throttle body, 0W-40 M1 (just picked up today) / filter change, get that ECS hardware kit on my belly pan, and my air filter. I finally have all the parts I need on hand.

Then next friday - UPsolute chip. NICE..!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice...did you get the ramps lastnight?

I'm not looking at doing to much to the GTI (not yet atleaset) just have her running well enough to make it through the winter and be able to drift a few swedish rally style turns. I figured your insight would allow me to determine what would need to be done, and what should be done. If you know what I mean.

I'm interested to see how your car runs w/ the new goodies. As I never chipped myne before going to a larger turbo. I'm willing to bet it kicks ass!!!

Off to Class - Kristofer

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yup, got the ramps - Autozone - 8000 pound rino ramps for $25 on sale. (EDIT - Not at 10 PM Autozone did close at 9 - picked them up the next day.)

A good deal. I'm always working on our cars.. this is going to make it easier.

I took my wifes car today - my old golf - Has roughly 800 watts of Rockford power - All quarts running active crossovers to mids and tweets and an 8" Boston Acoustic pro sub (took the 12 out for her - too much bass!).

Damm, QUARTS really light up. Kris, Your system sounded great the other night. And when I had a half our ride this AM with some GREAT tunes - makes my day - even if I was driving a 95 Golf GL with 200K. Damm thing still pulls at 85 mph!

Give me a ring over the weekend. Ill email you my cell # and possibly you can stop by with the car. I would be happy to look it over. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES... I have had... Let me think... 7 or 8 different A2 VWs over the years. I know exactly what your talking about. What do you need to do to - beat it and not get stuck! That is what we all want. :D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Update - Got everything we talked about done. TT DV, M1 0W-40, Clean Throttle Body, Plugs, Vac Lines, Air Filter, and Belly Pan Hardware Kit. Just took out my stocker and hit triple digits. I noticed much more pull.

Anyone? Think its the Plugs? Synthetic? TB?

Or, I just ran Synthetic FI cleaner - Like Techtron.

Car pulled much more and was more responsive. AGAIN - can't wait for new software. FUN 8)

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
NH VW Junky said:
Update - Got everything we talked about done. TT DV, M1 0W-40, Clean Throttle Body, Plugs, Vac Lines, Air Filter, and Belly Pan Hardware Kit. Just took out my stocker and hit triple digits. I noticed much more pull.

Anyone? Think its the Plugs? Synthetic? TB?

Or, I just ran Synthetic FI cleaner - Like Techtron.

Car pulled much more and was more responsive. AGAIN - can't wait for new software. FUN 8)
My guess is the cleaner TB, vac lines and air filter all contributed. The belly pan hardware adds at least 10hp too. :lol:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
What are you doing posting at 5 AM. LOL. Here I am at 6:30 AM.

I drank too much last night - I feel like S..T! :puke:

:beer: :drink: :beer: :drink: :beer: :drink: :beer: :drink:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.