Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need my own mini fridge at work that can fit in my desk on a shelf. Anybody use one? I mainly need it for liquids cause the work one here doesn't really cool it. I need something relatively cheapish and can hold in up & down the size of an Arizona tea or energy drink or water bottle.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
my boss has a desktop electric cooler, but is designed to only be left on for 2 days at a time.

if you need full time use, might need an actual mini fridge like any target/walmart has.

·
The "Odd" one
6,068 Posts
I have a mini fridge under my desk, dimensions are about 2x2x2. I like it a lot, as I do not have to share with the community fridge and all the thieves that steal peoples food. The only issues I ever had was the little freezer section completely iced over...and then melted one day, leaving wet carpet.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a mini fridge under my desk, dimensions are about 2x2x2. I like it a lot, as I do not have to share with the community fridge and all the thieves that steal peoples food. The only issues I ever had was the little freezer section completely iced over...and then melted one day, leaving wet carpet.
Can you give me a model or link?

·
The "Odd" one
6,068 Posts
Closest link I could find...this one doesn't seem to have the freezer part (mine is in the upper right corner of the fridge)

http://www.amazon.com/Danby-DAR0488W-Diplomat-1-7-Cu-Ft-Refrigerator/dp/B001DSIFX2

I picked mine up for 10 bucks at a garage sale almost 5 years ago. Seems like a lot fo reviews state it doesnt keep drinks cold. I will say this, sometimes when I put bottles of water in the door, the next morning they are frozen solid.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a mini fridge on my tool bench in the garage which is large enough for only a 6 pack. I believe I got it at Target for around $40 about 4 years ago. It can be used for heat also and can be left on all the time. It's portable and keeps everything nice and icy for those hot summer days when I'm working in the yard and need a drink and don't want to march my dirty shoes through the kitchen to piss my wife off.

I'll see if I can get a name and model number for you.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Most of the little ones only cool to (x) degrees below the surrounding air temp, i.e. if your office is 65, it will only cool to 45. And most certainly, whatever goes in must already be cold; they aren't made to chill but maintain a temperature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts