Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:p

Fuggin' web host... :evil:

·
Registered
120 Posts
wow. what size are those? what car is that for?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
315/35/17 Hoosier A3S03s. One 275/40/17 on the bottom (lookin' for another if you guys know of anyone who has one :( ). They go on the 240SX. :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Why such a wide tire for your 240? You could easily put the power down w/ a goo set of 245's. Seems like your just adding rolling resistance to me :???: . Cool none the less though 8)

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Herman, they're full depth Hoosiers. :) They just come like that. :p You're goin' 315's all around?!?! Try not to black out (you, or your passengers) on turn 6 @ Laguna Seca. :wink:

Blade: The issue isn't putting the power down, its more the amount of lateral grip you can achieve. :) They're great because they're around 21 lbs. in the 315 size, so you really don't add much weight at all. Rolling resistance...blah. Hopefully I'll have 300-320 whp to overcome that. :p

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
SS Camaros run 275's in the rear and they don't have any problems puttind down 320whp ;).

PS. They also have a lot more tq.

I personally would have just gone with some 245 sized R compounds. It would cheaper that way as you wouldn't have to buy new wheels. You would have INSANE grip. Can you fit those tires under your fenders? What kind of rims are you getting to accomodate those tires?

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Blade: for autocross, you basically never leave 2nd gear. 300 whp + 1st or 2nd gear = toasted inside edge.

I ran half a season on 245/45/16's Victoracers and it had good grip...just not necksnapping grip. :lol: Wheels have already been purchased. 17x9 up front, 17x10.5 in the rear. Cheap Mustang Cobra replicas rock. :thumbup: Oh, and they barely fit under the front fenders and stick out about an inch in the rear. Not that it matters; SCCA Street Mod rules allow for tires outside the fenders. Springs are stiff enough that they shouldn't touch if the fenders if it's set at a reasonable height. I think the rear offset is around +0 now with the 27 mm spacers. :nervous:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.