Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
maybe for those of us in the south end...we could all meet up and cruise in together....plus I am a little familiar with the Joes location... anyhow Just an Idea
Figure out what time the south end crew will be rolling through Seattle and we'll join up with you guys. My friend and I will both be going in his GTI - we want to swap off driving and taking rolling shots (we both have new cameras and want to work on getting good rolling shots). There should be plenty of cars to practice on!

So how was that I-DA-Ho trip?
It was a quick trip but fun. Good people, nice roads and great weather.
My girlfriend is from Idaho so I always pull that on her... I-DA-HO? No, YOU-DA-HO! :lol:

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Figure out what time the south end crew will be rolling through Seattle and we'll join up with you guys. My friend and I will both be going in his GTI - we want to swap off driving and taking rolling shots (we both have new cameras and want to work on getting good rolling shots). There should be plenty of cars to practice on!

It was a quick trip but fun. Good people, nice roads and great weather.
My girlfriend is from Idaho so I always pull that on her... I-DA-HO? No, YOU-DA-HO! :lol:
I will put a feeler out today to see if round up a posse!!! I have cousins in Idaho...they get it from me too lol See you sunday

·
Registered
5,678 Posts

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Mike,

Do you have any pics of your HU set up?? I am looking into pulling the trigger on that myself...just not sure if I am going to use my 7100 thats in my Explorer or buy the modle you have.... anyhow let me know man... also your old mirrors...did they still have a working defrost element on them?? if so I could take them off your hands if the price is right :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Mike,

Do you have any pics of your HU set up?? I am looking into pulling the trigger on that myself...just not sure if I am going to use my 7100 thats in my Explorer or buy the modle you have.... anyhow let me know man... also your old mirrors...did they still have a working defrost element on them?? if so I could take them off your hands if the price is right :)
Patrick, here's a couple pics of the Kenwood DNX-8120. I love it! Sorry the pics are a little grainy and no daytime shots...

Radio

Source screen with all inputs (and my custom VW background!)

Simplified Source screen

Playing music off USB flash drive (iPod works awesome too)

Custom start-up screen I made (feel the Passat love!)

The old mirrors worked perfectly when I unplugged them. I'll put them in the car so I can show you next time I see you.

Lucas, the CEL code was the coolant system. I just got a new thermostat and coolant temp. sensor so hopefully I get those installed soon and the CEL goes away.

Cory, you're always my friend!!! :lol:

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Patrick, here's a couple pics of the Kenwood DNX-8120. I love it! Sorry the pics are a little grainy and no daytime shots...

Radio

Source screen with all inputs (and my custom VW background!)

Simplified Source screen

Playing music off USB flash drive (iPod works awesome too)

Custom start-up screen I made (feel the Passat love!)

The old mirrors worked perfectly when I unplugged them. I'll put them in the car so I can show you next time I see you.

Lucas, the CEL code was the coolant system. I just got a new thermostat and coolant temp. sensor so hopefully I get those installed soon and the CEL goes away.

Cory, you're always my friend!!! :lol:

Thanks for the pictures man.... I think i am going to have to do it.... as for the mirrors Sounds great!!!... Although I should have read this prior to sunday.... I saw you in PT but you were headed in the oppisite direction.... Shoot me a PM with you price on the mirrors!!!

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I just sold my car today...

My A3 TDI arrives in a few weeks and will be my next project.
Glad to hear the sell went thru quick for ya Mike, just still sad to think of it gone. Can't wait to see the A3 bro :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I am in a debate......with myself. Not trying to hijack but

AWD gas or FWD Diesel???

Cause I am looking at A3's too >.>
No debate for me, especially gas vs diesel. My friend has the same 2.0 TDI engine in his Jetta and has been averaging mid-40mpg around town, and low to mid-50mpg on the highway. Some people report getting 60+ mpg highway with careful driving.
As for AWD vs FWD, I had my FWD Passat on and off road in the mud and snow many times and never found a need for AWD, even on highways in the mountains that were sheets of ice last winter. (I eventually had to pull over and put chains on because the hiqhway patrol were stopping all vehicles), but the combination of all season tires (ContiExgtremeContact) and FWD kept the car solid as a rock.
Also, the extra weight and chance of extra mechanical issues made it a pretty easy decision for me. Although, I'm sure the Quattro guys will probably tell you they could never live without it...

I'm still sad that the Passat is gone, but I'm getting more and more anxious to see the A3!

61 - 80 of 91 Posts