Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
so when is the next gtg in seattle?
i missed this one this weekend :banghead:

I need some v-dubbin been driving the new toy too much (yamaha XJ600S Seca II)

Loooove that variant.. how about set those rims for winter and get a set of 20's and slam taht thing :angel:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
3/9 - Port Townsend cruise http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3624306

5/4 - Cruise for the Cure http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3636481

5/10 & 11 - PNW Weekend http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3613359

I know what you mean about getting new toys - I had a Honda 919 and I basically forgot about the variant... The bike was totalled last summer in a hit and run, so I need to get another one soon.

Not sure I could deal with 20's on these crappy Seattle streets. Sometimes 18's seem too much.
Not sure I could slam it either, I never cared for the 'uneven' look of having the top of the tires or rims up under the fenders. For me I gotta have an even space all the way around the tire... besides the front lip has already been repainted 3 times... any lower and it wouldn't just scrape, I'd tear the damn thing off!!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
haahhaahh understandable.. yeah I am more aware of the gatherings
what car ure taking to Port townsen?????
I will be there with my buddy, anyway
I also bought a bike.. a Yamaha Seca XJ600S and I like having 2 vehicles! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I got both bumpers and the grille from Strictly Foreign http://www.estrictlyforeign.com
The bumpers were on closeout and they've never offered the same bumpers since. Maybe some other place still carrys them, I'm not sure.
The top surface of the fiberglass was cracked all to hell so the body guy had to completely resurface them, plus they didn't fit exactly right, and some of the holes didn't line up - cheap aftermarket crap.
Once he got everything to line up and fit right he resurfaced the fiberglass and sanded everything smooth then primed and painted the parts and mounted everything.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Good to meet you too - sorry to see your car banged up. I'm sure you'll have it fixed up and back to normal in no time.
Looking forward to the Redhook GTG on Saturday, I just hope the weather cooperates. I'll see ya there!

·
The Rubberband Man
3,553 Posts
^lookin' real nice, Mike.

Are you Cruisin' for the Cure this Sunday? I'm still debating whether or not I'll make it. Patrick (MicBicPic) is tempting me with the thought of BBQ.....

uu8

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I'm heading out of town tomorrow for the girlfriend's high school reunion. Won't be back in town until Sunday night, so I'll miss the Cruise for the Cure. BBQ is ALWAYS tempting!!! My buddy with the black GTI will be there.
I'm planning to do the 5/18 Bellingham / Mt. Baker cruise.

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Dis someone say FOOD for the cure???? ha ha ha...

Mike-Man thats a nice.....Camera no no no wait Car... lol how about both :) I wish all of my parts would show up when they are supposed to...

I will be on the B-Ham run.... So see you there!!

Patrick

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Hey Patrick, looking forward to seeing your white variant again! I'll be at the old-school GTG Saturday and will probably stop by again early on Sunday. The Mt. Baker cruise will be fun for sure! The camera should get a good workout at both events!

Here's a crappy pic taken on my way to Idaho Friday night. It's a little blurry since I was running really late - I pulled over, ran onto the side of the road, snapped the pic, and got going again.:lol:

·
Whats Up Doc
2,816 Posts
Mike that pic turned out good....I don't know what time I will be @ Volks....on Sunday...so i might miss you there but the Mt Baker trip ..Im there for sure....maybe for those of us in the south end...we could all meet up and cruise in together....plus I am a little familiar with the Joes location... anyhow Just an Idea

Oh yes on a heavier note... my tail lights are out in limbo...the place i orderd them from said they keep getting broken ones in... I will live though!! So how was that I-DA-Ho trip?

41 - 60 of 91 Posts