Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey I was wondering where you got your taillights tinted?, i live in seattle and just bought a 99' black magic sedan and i want to tint my tails. Also is there a place you recommend for upgrades? Thanks - Swavenboy ([email protected])

·
Registered
273 Posts
Extremely sweet Variant! I'm happy to see some Seattle area representation. I hope to get my currently stock Passat in form like this soon.

Leif

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the comments! It's been a lot of fun getting it to where it is now, but it's definitely not done yet. Hopefully this fall I'll have some free time (and $$$) to put into it!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The Greddy turbo timer and the Wetterauer chip will be going up for sale soon. I'm trying to fund my current 2-wheeled project. Later in the summer I'll get back to modding 'Sylvia'. :p
Mike

·
Registered
977 Posts
*the circling vulture* :D

Mike, I got my bike so I wouldn't have to mod the Passat as much. It was supposed to be my "fast". I just ended up modding both. So I had to split money for the projects. About the only thing left to do to the bike is a PCIII and a 520 conversion. Now if I go to the group buy page on the R6 forum I can go broke just like the PW group buy page.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
BKVR6 said:
*the circling vulture* :D

Mike, I got my bike so I wouldn't have to mod the Passat as much. It was supposed to be my "fast". I just ended up modding both. So I had to split money for the projects. About the only thing left to do to the bike is a PCIII and a 520 conversion. Now if I go to the group buy page on the R6 forum I can go broke just like the PW group buy page.
I know what you mean Brian! I wanted to build a project bike and fortunately I found a 2004 with a lot of the mods already done - PCIII, 520 conversion, billet rearsets, Yoshimura carbon fiber exhausts, wave rotors, SS braided brake lines, powdercoated wheels, K&N filter, Race Tech front suspension, Progressive rear suspension, painted parts, chromed parts...
Once I got it I added a fender eliminator with LED turn signals and changed the mirrors. Now I'm pulling the entire front end and putting on an RC51 front end with USD forks and CBR954 front wheel, I'm also having the centers of the wheels painted gloss black with a polished lip. I have about 80% of the parts right now, so it probably won't be completed until summer.
It's a lot of fun, but it's definitely not a cheap project!
-Mike

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Just wanted to say i sam jealous, and i hate you both :D

PS: A friend is selling his bike and he is giving me first dib...i am really thinking about it :nervous:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I need to get off my lazy ass and get some more mods going - I need rear wheel spacers badly!
During the wind storm last month a dumpster (no I'm not kidding!) got pushed by the wind across a parking lot downtown and smashed my front passenger door and took off the mirror. It also scraped up the fender, wheel, and bumper...
The bodyshop says it'll cost $2200+ to make it look normal again...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Woah!!!

Mike were you able to find out whose dumpster it was? Isn't it their job to make sure that the dumpster is secure?

Good luck bro. Sorry to hear about the misfortune. :(

·
Rollin in the LAV
1,760 Posts
Damn man! Yeah, the windstorm caused some damage to my car as well, so I feel your pain. My initial quote to replace/repair most of the front end was $2,200. It'll be more because they body-shop wants to replace the hood rather than repair it. I'm taking mine in on the 5th to start repairs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wind Storms

Sorry to hear about all the damage that you guys suffered down South.:cry: Stanley Park got hit really bad, but my wagon got off lucky and avoided some falling branches. Hope you guys all get well soon. :(

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I haven't been on here in a while - The car spent a good part of June in the body shop getting a new door, mirror, trim pieces, etc. and getting the damaged side repainted. The variant is all back to normal now!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I haven't been on here in a while - The car spent a good part of June in the body shop getting a new door, mirror, trim pieces, etc. and getting the damaged side repainted. The variant is all back to normal now!! :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 91 Posts