Alessio 17" Mesh Wheels
225/45/17 Kuhmo ECSTA 711
Mintex Red Box pads

<<Click me.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New pics added today. Just snapped them over the weekend, after detailing the warde....er....wife's car and giving mine a quick wash. Can't do a thorough detail yet because it just came back from the body shop. I'll have it looking good in another week or so for sure.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sammyb said:
Dude, awesome car. Is that my evil twin with a bra ans some clears?
Thanks. Her paint is a bit rough right now but its coming together nicely. You should come down for the GTG (Treffen der Hamster) next month if you want to see some really impressive B5s.

<<Click me.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
b5_guy said:
wow.....gorgeous. What rims are those? Looks great!
OEM Audi Tangos 16" w/ customized centercaps. Thanks for the compliment - I think she still looks really rough but am happy you like it.

·
Banned
9 Posts
yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm headed towards a Passat, and I really like that color. Was it available without the pinstripe do you know?

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, the pinstripe was a dealer add-on that I just haven't gotten around to taking off. Its not painted, its simply a stick on type so removing it only requires some heat from a hair dryer, and some elbow grease and a bit of light scraping with a credit card (I actually use a pot scraper from Kitchen's Etc.). I removed the dealer decal the same way when I debadged the rear.

The color was only available in 1999 and 2000 I believe, with a similar color available on the 98s. The color is Royal Green.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Mike, you might want to take a look at Griot's Adhesive remover, might be easier to use, and less prone to scratches...

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^ yeah I use a bit of adhesive remover when I did this too. I find the soft plastic of the pot scraper from Kitchen Etc. works pretty well and doesn't scratch the paint if you're careful. I'm probably going to get around to doing the pinstripe this weekend if the weather holds up (I want it to be hot to help facilitate the removal).

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some weekend images - they're dark due to the cloud cover but thought they still looked interesting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts