Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched here and around the net and can't quite find an answer. I have a couple microfiber towels that I've used for the past few washes and I'm not totally sure I am using them properly. Both are two sided (different surface on each side). I have washed them in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

One is the cloth included with the Mother's Clay Bar kit - yellow towel with a very short napped smooth side and a longer terrycloth type side that has some grab to it when dry.

The other is a larger towel with a very plush side (almost velvet-like) and a thicker side that again is quite soft but a bit more terrycloth like.

I've used both primarily as polishers after all washing and drying is complete. I have found that both leave very fine lint, especially on the windows. My trial and error at finding their appropriate use is getting frustrating.

My question is, what do the different naps do in terms of car cleaning?

· Registered
2,546 Posts
This may or may not help, but I find two of the best things I've used on windows is newspaper or a flat weave cloth. The cloth has no nap, very smooth surface. Don't use much product on the glass, the more you spray the more you have to wipe. Wipe one side of the glass in an up and down motion, then the other side in a side to side motion. This way if there are streaks, it's easier to see which side it is that needs to be corrected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.