Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hey guys, just moved to the Royal Oak Area and I'm looking for a PW trusted mechanic in and around south eastern Michigan. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm in Berkley...

Hey guys, just moved to the Royal Oak Area and I'm looking for a PW trusted mechanic in and around south eastern Michigan. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
My family has been going to Steve's European Automotive (in Waterford) for ~30yrs.

Also check out MIVE (Michigan Volkswagen Enthusiasts). Lots of "local" knowledge/experience/advice...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Nice man, technically I'm in Birmingham, Coolidge and East Maple. Really appreciate the advice. They were the shop I was leaning towards with all of the good reviews on Google+ and yelp but I figured I would see if anyone could chime in on here. I registered on MIVE but the site is a little confusing at first, going to have to spend a little bit of time finding my way around there and using the search bar to find a mechanic didn't help that much. Just moved here almost a month ago from just north of Toronto to work with Ford in Dearborn and lets just say the adjustment period has been fun lol. My profile in the Canadian section for anyone interested. If anyone is up for a meet I wouldn't mind, the passat needs some love but I'm finally able to afford to get some repairs done. Usually do all of my work myself but I don't have a garage at the moment unfortunately and couldn't bring up most of my tools.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice man, technically I'm in Birmingham, Coolidge and East Maple. Really appreciate the advice. They were the shop I was leaning towards with all of the good reviews on Google+ and yelp but I figured I would see if anyone could chime in on here. I registered on MIVE but the site is a little confusing at first, going to have to spend a little bit of time finding my way around there and using the search bar to find a mechanic didn't help that much. Just moved here almost a month ago from just north of Toronto to work with Ford in Dearborn and lets just say the adjustment period has been fun lol. My profile in the Canadian section for anyone interested. If anyone is up for a meet I wouldn't mind, the passat needs some love but I'm finally able to afford to get some repairs done. Usually do all of my work myself but I don't have a garage at the moment unfortunately and couldn't bring up most of my tools.
Welcome! I'm a moderator on MIVE, so I honestly spend most of my forum time there... Unfortunately, there have been fewer "meet-ups" on the East-side than years past, but there's a few semi-regular ones happening, look in the "Events" forum.

BTW. I've been @ Ford for a little over 4yrs now...

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Nope, close though. 2001 B5 2.8 MT FWD black magic pearl. Lowered (kind of a rake), tinted tails, shitty ebay Audi style headlamps and a a small shark fin antenna.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bezerkley Also heard good things about Steve's. Had good service from German Motor Werks in Waterford but he doesn't use VW/Audi parts unless you supply. My neighbor is a good mechanic and can perform many Passat repairs including front suspension, shocks, and brake caliper replacement. His rates less than half of an indy and he comes to you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts