Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Here's my story. Enjoy.

I've got a 2000 B5, 30V V6, 5sp. I bought it new from West Broad VW in Richmond. I had put $500 down on a New Beetle, Cyber green with tan leather and loaded. I waited for over a year and they couldn't find one. So I went to step 2. I test drove a ton of cars. The BMW was too expensive after you added ANY features. The Subaru Legacy was nice, fast, but I somehow had a feeling it wouldn't last long. I was right. The A4 had no leg room in the back. So I ordered my Passat.

I think it's funny how a dealership will try to sell someone a car, just to sell a car. I wanted white. They offered me a green. I wanted white. They offered me a red. Finally I told them to find me a white, GLX, TAN leather interior (not a common combo), fully loaded.

They finally found one in South Carolina. I asked how they were going to get it up to VA. They told me they'd trade a car to that dealership, drive that car down, and drive my car back. No way Jose. I wanted it flatbedded up here. They laughed. Once again, I was going to walk. Anyway, I only had to pay for half the flatbed fee, $150, which, to me, was a bargain to get an unmolested car.

My last 2 cars have been VWs also, my first was a Jetta I, that I put 287,000 miles on. I traded that for an 89 Fox GLX. Great little car for the money. Anemic on HP though, but it was all I could afford at the time. I put 113,000 miles on that. I now have 63,300 miles on my Passat. I love it. No problems so far. Knock Knock.

What I've done, just in the past few months I've been here:

18" Fondmetal 6700s
Kamei Grill
debadged the trunk
installed the C-Bar
Neuspeed 25mm front sway
Neuspeed 28mm rear sway
Momo wood/leather shift knob
Koni Sport shocks
Neuspeed Springs
FK Exhaust muffler
K&N Filter
Slotted/drilled rotors
Pagid pads
Euro clear lenses/corners
new ECS snub mount
new left tie rod

What's going to happen next:

Kamei eyelids (need to wait on lenses to install)
painted lowers (need to wait on lenses to paint and install)
Vestatec Fog lights(waiting to install)

What's going to happen in the future:

Need to find a Supercharger for this car
Chip it
order a GTech Pro
front spoiler

Richmond area B5ers give me an email...we need to GTG!
Here's some pics...enjoy!

eyelid whatif

exhaust pic

brake pic

Enjoy! 8) Michael

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I live in arrestafield too. check out http://www.richmonddubs.com
So far there are only three or four of we with B5s in that joint, B5s need to represent! JK, Lelo will prob reply to this too. we have a gtg weds. nights at 6:30 p.m. This is the last week for Krispy Kreme (aka KK) on W. Broad & Staples Mill Rd. Come on out, try to get there early, cuz we fill up the lot pretty quickly.

what's your ride?
I've got satin silver 1.8T 5spd manual.

See you there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luvmyb5 said:
I live in arrestafield too. check out http://www.richmonddubs.com
So far there are only three or four of we with B5s in that joint, B5s need to represent! JK, Lelo will prob reply to this too. we have a gtg weds. nights at 6:30 p.m. This is the last week for Krispy Kreme (aka KK) on W. Broad & Staples Mill Rd. Come on out, try to get there early, cuz we fill up the lot pretty quickly.

what's your ride?
I've got satin silver 1.8T 5spd manual.

See you there.
Where is the GTG this week? LMK! I'll be there!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think I saw you this past weekend when I was visiting my fiance in Richmond. Were you on Chippenham on Saturday? I thought I saw a modded B5 in the distance :thumbup:
-Lelo

Check out richmonddubs, I am 'leloz' on that board.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PanaSSat24 said:
Looking good :thumbup:

It'll look alot better once that thang is lowered :D :thumbup:
Thanks, it's now LOWERED! Take a look at the last couple of pics! 8)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leloz said:
I think I saw you this past weekend when I was visiting my fiance in Richmond. Were you on Chippenham on Saturday? I thought I saw a modded B5 in the distance :thumbup:
-Lelo

Check out richmonddubs, I am 'leloz' on that board.
Could have been! 8)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's brake replacement time. Anyone have a good resource for me so I can do it myself? I'm not a mechanic, but I have tools and can do many tasks myself....with the proper instruction.
Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
No need to be at the bottom... :thumbup:

Painted lowers would be beautiful on your car. Lookin' awesome already, though. :bow:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
hwmike
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing