Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiyo guys after getting my panties in a bunch and almost selling my mfd I finally got it to work correctly. Except for one thing. A friend over at the VW place tried to help me the first time and he chopped up my cd changer cable but re-pinned it incorrectly, and he tossed out the old connector. I need to buy a new cd changer cable that has the 8pin blue plug (On the MFD side) and run an entire new cable. Anyone have a heads up on where I may be able to find one?

Thanks -Nick

·
Registered
761 Posts
The 8 pin blue connector base is part # 4A0 972 643B
The wired pins that snap into it are part # 000 979 131A

These items are available from
www.vwparts.com

p.s. the wired pins are about 22" long with pins on both ends. Only color I have seen is yellow wires

I am waiting for a few other parts from them that allow me to connect to the factory plug (03 Monsoon DD) so I don't have to cut the factory wiring. I will make an adapter cable that should be plug and play from the MFD to the factory harness. I don't know what year yours is, you may not need the other stuff.

good luck,

Jim D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim. The problem was I didn't have the color codes to fix the incorrect pinning, and no buddy to check out the colors. While searching the web for an entire new cable I ran across a picture and appropriate color markers :D 10 minutes later my phatnoise was up and running on the MFD!

-Nick
Just in case anyone needs

·
Registered
479 Posts
desertjd said:
The 8 pin blue connector base is part # 4A0 972 643B
The wired pins that snap into it are part # 000 979 131A

These items are available from
www.vwparts.com

p.s. the wired pins are about 22" long with pins on both ends. Only color I have seen is yellow wires

I am waiting for a few other parts from them that allow me to connect to the factory plug (03 Monsoon DD) so I don't have to cut the factory wiring. I will make an adapter cable that should be plug and play from the MFD to the factory harness. I don't know what year yours is, you may not need the other stuff.

good luck,

Jim D
Jim, were you able to make this adapter cable? If so, could you post what you did?

Thanks,
Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts