Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm about too change some linkages in my front suspension. The question is: would you buy stock parts from vw, or would you go for the meyle kit from blauparts? The prices at blauparts are good, but that doesn't help if they don't last... Anyone trreid them out??

·
Registered
501 Posts
Personally I would recommend the aftermarket ones such as Meyle kit or febi bilstein. They last longer than the stock parts.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Both aftermarket and OEM VW parts have been known to fail early. Meyle has been making these kits for a while and are on several revisions now. When I was looking for a kit I went with Febi because I have already seen atleast 2 revisions of the Meyle kit that were very poor quality. I didn't want to bother trying their newest revision to see it fail like the ones they were selling a year ago.

The Febi kit is holding up great btw.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
I have Meyle tie rod ends (heavy duty) and so far they have been great....who knows if they will last past 70-80k mark.

Passat front suspension is pretty complicated.....I think that's the main cause of these failures.

Personally my other passat had 135k of harsh Northeast roads (with modded suspension/wheels) and never once did I change a control arm......weird.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Seems I recall reading about some of the Meyle control arm kits that were marginal...the bushings/joints gave up life early. Search the archives for more info.

When (not if) I have to replace the control arms, they will be Febi-Bilstein.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts