Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bright Green civic tested the 1.8T recently on my way home. I hadn't had a street battle in a while. Gutsy little performance by the civic hatch. Exhaust note, sounded throaty, and he was quick. I guess he saw me cruising and starting playing a little follow the leader. That continued until we had a chance to line up side by side. This wasn't from a stop. Even from a roll, I was still about a hood length infront. He was shifting into third as I was still finishing up in second. I was hesisitent to shift into third in fear that I would lose a valuable second and he would close the gap. When we lined up he asked if I had a turbo, and he said he was all motor. I was surprised that the civic would not give up. If there were more road available in front of us, I would definately say he would close the gap once the weight factor started to play a factor. All in all, I would say that I can add another tally mark to the Passat victories. I'd like to meet up with him again though.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
cool kill story..as the great vin diesel said.."It dosent matter if you win by an inch or a mile..winnings winning":lol: :whistle: (I had to say it!)

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
1.8Tttturbo said:
lame kill story FTL!
Any street racing story is lame.. :thumbdown

·
Registered
95 Posts
don't mean to sound obnoxious, but don't we all consider VWs to be above civics, no matter what the street race result? i would never compare by B5.5to a civic!!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
ElCorridor said:
I beat a purple Integra two nights ago. I'm 100 percent against street racing, but it was a PURPLE INTEGRA!
Yeah street racing is no good, but sometimes you have to just put people in their place :D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
*waiting for the "keep the racing on the track" fanatics to see this"

I smoked a Rascal the other day. We were both stopped, and there was a construction dude with a stop sign there because we were right next to a new apartment complex they are building. It was about 95 degrees out and the guy on the Rascal kept doing brake locks and taunting me. I was a little worried because my Passat never performs at its optimum when it's really hot out. He looked over at me and gave me a little sh!t grin just as the construction dude flipped the sign from STOP to SLOW. The Rascal was already in the middle of a brake lock as the sign flipped, and he immediately let go of the brake and took off. There was a pedestrian crossing on the other side of the intersection so I had to take it slow, but the Rascal guy just laid on his clown horn and yelled "Move b!tch, get out the way". With total disregard to the safety of the pedestrian he stood up on the Rascal at WOT, and used one foot like he was on a skateboard to go faster.

I remembered that we were racing for slips and that inspired me to do a full-on 1.5k RPM 1st gear start as the pedestrian started to clear the lane ahead of me. I started to catch the Rascal, but he threw the bag of groceries he had in the handlebar basket and pretty soon I was 2 and a half Rascal lengths behind. As I shifted into 2nd gear I heard the turbo spool up and I took off past the Rascal guy. At the next intersection he complimented me on the sound of my duck call BOV. He knew he lost, and was ready to hand over the slips when I realized that I didn't have a hitch on my Passat to carry the Rascal. It was apparent to me that his ride meant everything in the world to him, and I knew I couldn't live with myself for taking his pride and joy.

·
Registered
613 Posts
jgardner18 said:
Bright Green civic tested the 1.8T recently on my way home. I hadn't had a street battle in a while. Gutsy little performance by the civic hatch. Exhaust note, sounded throaty, and he was quick. I guess he saw me cruising and starting playing a little follow the leader. That continued until we had a chance to line up side by side. This wasn't from a stop. Even from a roll, I was still about a hood length infront. He was shifting into third as I was still finishing up in second. I was hesisitent to shift into third in fear that I would lose a valuable second and he would close the gap. When we lined up he asked if I had a turbo, and he said he was all motor. I was surprised that the civic would not give up. If there were more road available in front of us, I would definately say he would close the gap once the weight factor started to play a factor. All in all, I would say that I can add another tally mark to the Passat victories. I'd like to meet up with him again though.

the faster you go, the less the weight of the car has to do with it.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts