Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
TDIBUGMAN said:
Looks like a Kia Sorento ... I like the Kia better.
Yea…whatever it looks like... its still as ugly, perhaps a little uglier :???: as the current model... all I can see is more creases in the styling...

I wonder if this "new" model will loose its drive shaft as well :nervous:

·
Registered
778 Posts
It really does seem that MB is taking its styling cues from the Japanese. Nothing against the Japanese SUVs but it would be nice if not all SUVs looked the same. The same goes for the next generation Jetta which looks a lot like a Toyota Corolla.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
I have a healthy respect for the ID community since their work are based solely on subjective matter. Good Industrial Designers in car discipline are extremely hard to come by. Since we all drive car, everybody and their brother in law claimed to be the expert in car styling. Heck if you noticed, we even have a few ID wannabes within our cb5 community ourselves. :p

The past 10 yrs or so, I work with these ID folks on a regular base, and they are a different breed of people. Funny thing is they all are very articulated & can sound off their ideas very eloquently ... most are froo froo BS, only a very few really knows their craft. The ones with a good mechanical background are the good ones which are few & far in between. I tend to shy away from the pony tail, chino pant sporting ones ... these guys tend to have a chip on their shoulder at all time. Love them or hate them, they are a necessary evil and a must in all consumer product design.

Btw, most of BMW, MB, and all of the Japanese car's ID are from the west coast, not their native land as we expected. :???:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
not so minivan like, but I still rather take the VW Touareg, Infiniti FX, or Lexus RX330 (or the RX400h) instead.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I never liked the mercedes ML series, always prefered the BMW X series. Have BMW come out with their new X series? I hope they come out wit a better design and not worst like the Z, 5 and 7 series (i do like the 6 series myself though)!!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I'd enjoy the way I looked from the outside driving it, but for me personally, I'd much rather have a Sorrento. Or ESPECIALLY a Touareg.

·
Registered
941 Posts
passaturbonium said:
VWGUY4EVER said:
<----------------- Needs a new job. I hope this Audi thing works out... :cry:
Why ugly cars sell in US....this can be a great thing. MB can acctually grow more..... :suspicio:
The more Mercedes grows the worse it gets.

I hope the audi thing works too... The A4 is out for the season and the
brakes still don't work :nervous:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.