Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 passat wagon non heated seat and wanted to install power heated seats with the memory function I've read that i wouldn't be able to get the memory function to work my question is WHY!!!! Then i came across this site called Kufatec.com and they have a Seat Heating w/Seat Memory - Harness - VW Passat 3B. Would i be able to get this function to work if i purchased this harness? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,143 Posts
As I understand it, that's just the wiring. The logic control (the "memory" if you will) is not in the seat, it's in an external module your car doesn't have.

·
he just thinks he's amazing. really. no kidding.
3,779 Posts
The memory is stored in the seat electronics (maybe the CCM but I don't think so), however the memory recall system is part of a greater good.

In a GLX which came with the power seats, the driver's seat, the car's mirrors, the intrument cluster, and the CCM are all tied together. Recalling a seat position also recalls the rearview mirror positions, and indicator chimes from the seat system are emitted from the instrument cluster speaker, which it likely gets the signals from the CCM. It is also the CCM which handles the mirror positions, so the link between the seat and CCM is most critical.

edit: in a B5.5 (cars equipped with the 1C0 CCM) the link is via the CAN-BUS. I do not know how the seat connects to the CCM in the B5s (cars with 1J0 CCMs). I'd imagine it's also CAN-BUS, which raises another big concern.

You need the power seat that matches your CCM. A new seat will not talk to an old CCM, and vice versa. You must also make sure that you use the correct harness for your seat/CCM combo.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.... i actually pulled the leather seats from a 2003 B5.5 and being that i will be the only one driving the car i guess trying to source the correct part would be useless because once i find the correct position i won't need to adjust anymore.

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
You could just wire in the heater controls (a stand-alone system) and power to the seats for the electric motors. You'd have heated power seats without the memory function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts