Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '03 W8 has the sports package BBS Madras wheels. I want some BBS center caps. Yet, all the measurements I've seen quoted fail to differentiate between internal (wheel opening) and external (outer cap) size. The numbers are all over the map, and TireRack won't respond to my e-mails. Can someone please tell me what size to order, from several sources besides TiredRack? Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, RL331. I did look at that, and it did not at all conform to my 56mm inside measurement and 62mm outside measurement. I assume it must mean a cap which fits entirely over the lug bolts as well. But, this is the problem I spoke of; various references provide various measurements, without saying what is being measured. Thanks, Marco

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Marco M. Pardi said:
Thanks, RL331. I did look at that, and it did not at all conform to my 56mm inside measurement and 62mm outside measurement. I assume it must mean a cap which fits entirely over the lug bolts as well. But, this is the problem I spoke of; various references provide various measurements, without saying what is being measured. Thanks, Marco
Maybe 70mm is incorrect, I thought I took hat measurement off mine - but it doesn't matter, the part number is correct without a doubt because I looked that up myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.