Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a gift certificate in time for my 10k service. Is the service dept. at McKenna VW in Huntington Beach any good?

I did a search and found one horror story. Anyone else has an opinion? Thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well here is horror story number 2. DO NOT go to McKenna VW. They have the worse possible service and they are seriously not very smart. I took my car in because it had an oil leak and I also told them that it makes a ticking noise when I start the car and its cold in the mornings. They told me that the ticking noise was from not using an OEM oil filter! That doesn't even make sense. :crazy: Anyways, they said they fixed the oil leak and that it was covered under the 10 year warranty so when I went to pick up my car, 2 nice scratches were waiting for me on both front fenders. These were not just minor scracthes. They actually cut through the clear coat down to the metal. :mad: They kept insisting that some wax would take the scratches out! How does wax remove a scratch???? It DOESNT! It just FILLS it in! They proceeded to wax the hell out of my front fenders to no avail and then finally agreed to take it to the body shop. Then when I asked for a loaner car, they said they didn't have any left. :mad: So then I was out of a car because they put scratches in it!! So you get my point. Don't go to McKenna. I would recommend Commonwealth VW. Good luck!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes. Sorry about your car :mad:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll just buy merchandise with the gift certificate then. My dealership's Capistrano VW but apparently they didn't have gift certificates available so my friend got one at McKenna.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
ALERT!..ALERT!...ALERT! Avoid them like the plague.

Take it to Commonwealth VW in Santa Ana. They are quick, cheap, and friendly. If you know the right people, they are mod friendly. :D

A dealership alternative is VW Specialties off Gothard behind the HB Library. Probably the best independent shop on the West Coast. Ron Wood is a VW/Audi god.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So who are some of the right people at Commonwealth VW? :D

I'll be going to VW Specialties for suspension work & dv/n75 j valve installation in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
914 Posts
passat_azn said:
So who are some of the right people at Commonwealth VW? :D

I'll be going to VW Specialties for suspension work & dv/n75 j valve installation in the next couple of weeks.
You can save a few bucks and do the Dv &N75-J install yourself. REALLY easy to do with minimal tools. Great Level 1 DIY in my opinion. :wink:

And yea,,,McKenna = :evil:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey OCTICK, who are the mod friendly people? I just installed the MFD and I am getting that airbag light in the dash. Do you think they would erase that code for free for me, seeing that it takes only but a few minutes?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'd recommend Commonwealth VW and Audi as well.

Rich, Larry, or Carl are all very good. I don't know how mod friendly they are, but they don't say anything when they see some of the stuff I got. I have personally seen a super modded Jetta with 19" wheels get serviced there. The service reps treat the owner of that car like anyone else.

I have purchased 4 cars from that dealership and get all of my oil changes done by them (I am too lazy for the simple stuff, but I'd do brake jobs or spring changes).

I have a VAG-Com. I can clear codes for anyone who needs help and lives close by. We just have to have the right schedule matched to meet. I have cleared countless codes for co-workers at work with their VW's and Audi's. I have even given a test drive of my car to a fellow member here.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey ywang, maybe you can help me! I have an airbag fault code that comes on every time I turn the car on, since I installed my MFD. Would you happen to have some time this weekend? I'm available all weekend.

·
Registered
991 Posts
One word of caution with the VAG-Com. You have to know what you are doing, because I am still not too familiar with it. If you don't know how to clear your code, chances are, I don't either. So, if you can get the information ahead of time, I'd be able to help you in the form of letting you use the VAG-Com.

I am actually too busy this weekend. In addition, I wouldn't want your airbag to deploy during code clearing (not that it will, but I cannot guarantee that :wink: )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts