Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MBoyd4motion - Richardson, TX - UPDATE 4/10/05

stock exhaust

Supersprint Exhaust

SS Headers

Finishing up - Jimmy is taking the pics and Vincent the installer makes a cameo

brake work - thanks to the skills of PZ once again!

Upper strut bar - Thanks to JROO-VW for the bar and PZ for the install.

2003 Indigo Blue V6 4mo, took delivery September 2002 with tint

Mod list - might be in order . . . eh

Began simply with the s2000 antenna like many others . . .
Mintex rear pads
H7 Phillips Vision Plus (Lows), H3 Osram Xenon (Fogs), Phillips Blue Vision W5W (city)
ITG airfilter
Kamei grill and upper/lower eyelids
debadging + addition of New Beetle hubcap Euro symbol - part # 1CO-601-149-D-GTT
HR/Koni suspension THANKS PZ!
RS Limited 18 inch Wheels via eBay. Very cheap but very heavy
Nitto 555s (love 'em) 235/40/18 - I do get rubbing on inner front. probably go to 225 next time
Audi Mode on the Tip Thanks Pete1, for that and assorted Vag Com assistance
Chrome armrest cover - is this even a real mod?
Euroswitch
1BE front and rear sways
Chas Bar All three once again courtesy of PZ!
chrome door handle covers
Complete Supersprint system - headers, downpipe/mid muffler, dual mufflersThanks to JROO-VW for finding a great deal and Nenad and Julian Fang for all the install advice! And thanks to Autobahn in Plano for the great service!

installed by PZ on 10/23/04
ECS Stage 1 slotted BBK with PBR ultimates
Slotted cadmium coated ECS rears with PBR Metal Masters
Stainless steel brake lines w/ ATE Superblue
A6 Upper Strut Bar (painted blue)

4-9-05 GTG
Changed my oil with Pete1's oil extractor! Jackrungh and chucchinchilla are so happy I removed the mudflaps. So am I, looks much better now.

Here's all the work we did at Kenwavery's awesome hanger.

Oh and here I am when they let me take some of the vintage WW2 planes out for a spin.

Okay not really . . . I need a minimum of 5 gin and tonics before I even step onto a plane.

Update 6-6-05

New wheels (ASAs from Tire Rack wrapped in Yokohama ES 100s 225/40/18) and the tinted sidemarkers.

Update 6-10-05
Dawn/Meguires Car wash/clay/Meguires again/Mother's 3 step cleaner and wax system/Mother's Synth Wax/ 8:30 am-4:30 pm (I currently have no feeling in my right thumb)

Update 8-26-05

Shorty antenna, 10mm spacers in rear. black wheel bolts, neuspeed spark plug wires.

July 2006

BMC INTAKE! Halo Headlights! And Dieselgeek skidplate (not shown).

August/September 2006

KW V2 Coiled and Votexed!

And these are the fronts before adjustment.

And here is the M3 style spoiler and roof spoiler.

9-25-06 Detailwerkz came out and gave me the Zaino treatment.

5-16-07

Took a few weeks but here is the A4 Sline Titanium Avant in Deep Sea Blue Pearl. Has black interior/headliner which is really awesome. Will be getting a tint soon. I have a side marker delete, 6000K HIDs, interior xenon look, RS4 22mm rear sway and Carbonio intake to install. I have ordered an exhaust. Plan to get a GIAC flash after 5000 mile service. I am hating the all seasons and I have had 3 offers already on the wheels. So I don't know what I am going to do about that. I may go check out a set of 19 inch BBS CH tomorrow. Considering Bilstein PSS9s. I have found them cheaper than KW V2s on Ebay.

A lot of people seem to fade away when their Passats are gone, but I guess I will stick around for awhile. The Passat isn't exactly gone yet anyway. There is still no resolution with the insurance company.

PZ installed the coilovers on Monday. Ride is fantastic. He also put in the 22mm RS4 rear sway. Stock was 18mm. I already have 2000 miles on this in less than a month. Two trips to Austin will do that. Also been driving to Ft Worth this week to help my buddy get his Shakespeare Festival ready to go.

Back to Austin tomorrow to put the Passat in a storage unit until the case is settled. It cant stay at the body shop anymore. Gene at Rebreu is getting in hot water keeping it 2 months and not doing any work on it. Totally cool guy though. Still recommend them for Austin or Central Texas residents!

On to the pictures!!!

06-07-07

·
Registered
28,454 Posts
Finally. Is that rolling shot from the GTG/Drive? It looks familiar.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep the rolling shot is from the Feb GTG/Drive. Yeah I know, profile was a long time coming.

Are the pics still showing up? I'm not seeing them at work, but I'm not seeing red x-es either.

·
Registered
28,454 Posts
Got handling,got power,now getting brakes 8) . Got someone in mind for all of that brake work? Let me know if you need to come by. See you Saturday at Einstiens.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have v6 4mo and was thinking of an exhaust upgrade.

Where did you get the exhaust / headers?
How much for the entire exhaust system?
Do the pipes clear the rear valance ok?
No rubbing or heat problems?

TIA

PS -
Looks AWESOME!!!
:thumbup:

·
Registered
28,454 Posts
Wating until you paint the fronts to post pics?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Car is back after nearly 2 weeks getting a gas tank leak repaired at the dealer under warranty.

Updated with new pics on June 6, 2005

·
Registered
28,454 Posts
New wheels look nice.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts