Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This is my first post bye the way. I just put in the 3 bar racing hyper boost controler. I connected it via the diagram on rusty,s webpage in the middle of turbo tube 11 and 13 the n75. I have a homemade intake and a 710n diverter valve. I have the boost set on 10 pounds which i think is fine but it is sergie. THe car bucks sometimes. Is there a better way to hook up the boost controller or should i turn the boost down?

Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So nobody here has any input at all . I have been reading for a while on here but there are no straght forward directions. Just wondering what would solve the issue that i am having.

Thanks

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
In the absence of any other input, you should turn the boost down.

What engine code are you? Do you have a VAG-COM?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply,

Rusty I have an AEB engine code. I turned it down to 9psi and te car seems to run fine. I dont have a VAGCOM but i do have access to one. I have been reading alot about this and I think that 9 psi is safe for me. I dont plain on going any higher unless i chip the car. Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Thanks

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
With an AEB you should be safe at 9. Anything higher is going to require a lot of work. Safest, easiest way to more HP is a chip. If you're happy at 9, then :thumbup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Rusty, the car feels great at 9 so i am going to keep it there. Future upgrade will deff be a chip cause i love the extra power i got just by upping the boost 4 pounds. I love turbo cars:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts