1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a staggered setup:

19x8.5 up front - 245/35 or 235/35?

19x9.5 in the rear - 275/30 or 265/30?

I'm guessing the 245 and 275 combo might scuff a bit here and there under loads or big dips and there but still work.

Jdubu81 runs the 245 and 275 but I see he's selling them. Too much rub?? Looks like his fenders may be rolled but I can't tell. I sent him a PM already but in the mean time, thought someone else may have an idea.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Yo, whats up mista.

For our cars and to keep speedo down to a minimum, I would suggest to keep the 235 and 265 tires. The widest you can safely go is 19x9.5, and 19x10 has been done but the wheels will stick out, and would prevent the rear wheels from tucking during a high bump, etc.

So, stick with a 19x8.5 and 19.9.5 and you should be all set.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I will be putting a set of Kumho 712's 275/30/19 on the rear tomorrow. Crap it's going to be a tight one. This tire seems like something you would find on a Corvette or a Lambo.
are you guys sure this will fit?????? :???:

·
Registered
204 Posts
info

sashadg said:
I will be putting a set of Kumho 712's 275/30/19 on the rear tomorrow. Crap it's going to be a tight one. This tire seems like something you would find on a Corvette or a Lambo.
are you guys sure this will fit?????? :???:
I bought thoses wheels off of Jdub..And I have no problem with them at all..They also look Nice Thanks to Jdub.. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
alnk52
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing