Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my rear window spoiler yesterday from TM Tuning, and the directions are only in German. So I am unsure as to how I get it to stick to the window. It came with a tube of stuff, but where do I put it. The edges are very thin, so 3M tape is out of the question. Also, it came with a piece of rubber trim, that is too small to go all the way around, but yet too big to fit on one side. Has anyone else installed one of these before?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
96 Posts
The directions are crap, I still don´t know how to install it. Ok, I know how to use the glue supplied and so on, but the rubber thingy, what am I supposed to do with it? And another thing, the fit ain´t 100% perfect, so when I get it fit nicely in one corner, it poops out in the opposite corner! Is the spolier supposed to be glued to the window also?

Please need help or advice.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The rubber thingy is like a rubber bumber
to prevent the vibration on the glass

mines comming off on one side
i think i used too much of that sealant and it cause the paint to stretch
and pull off the spoiler

soo the paint is comming off
the painter did a half ass job
work in progress though
im planning on using that 3m double side tape the proffesional stuf
i think thats gonna work best

my other idea involved filling the insides a glue it to the glass

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok, so the rubber is what I thought it would be, but must I glue the spoiler even on the window or just leave it as it is?
When I try the spolier on, and get a pretty good fit, it creates a opening of about half an inch between the spoiler and the window, is it supposed to be like that, or is it supposed to be glued all the way round?

Still my biggest issue is a poor fit, I can get a pretty good fit and get the glue in place, but when I release preasure, one corner or the other popps out! I can´t hold the spoiler down for 3 days, until it gets hard!

3M, hmmm, where and how are you gonna use double sided tape?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would get another one. In the instructions it says to test fit it before anything else. Don't glue it to the window, it should just rest on the window, but you do have to glue the rubber piece to the spoiler first. I didn't have a problem getting it to fit, I had a problem with the adhesive holding. They will give you another spoiler that fits right. Also, when in the direct sun, my spoiler warps and when it warps, it tears the spoiler right out of the adhesive. I even had a professional window shop use the strongest glue they had and it still wouldn't hold. So I had them do it again and on top of that I used some more adhesive that the spoiler came with and now it seems to be good.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turbox said:
B5in said:
ill try and see if tunning zubehor will exchange it but its been almost a year or more

and its soo big the shipping back n forth is a pain

did u put the rubber thing on the bottom or on the top side
I put it on the bottom side, it seperates the window from the spoiler and seals the gap that you were talking about. I can take pictures later if it will help, it's hard to explane in words. Let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.