Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anybody starts assaulting me with ''use the search button''
I have been doing it for 2 days and have not been able to find the info needed. It's almost all about b5.5 and I want the info for a black b5 grille.

That being said, I am going to purchase a badgeless grille in the coming days and had the following questions.

1- is either one of the 2 grilles mentioned of better quality
2- do they look the same or does the JOM have wider slits

All I could fine is that FK are the cheapest (along with e-bay) and the slits will sag after prolonged exposure to sun.

hope you guys can clear it up for me.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,162 Posts
I've got two FK's for a couple of years now and never had a sagging problem. I did buy a JOM type last year and it flew off the car literally 5 minutes after driving with it on!

I say go with FK!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WTF it flew off the car!!!!

So having both of them are they exactly the same, with my research I was able to find that they were almost identical but the fk was harder to install. Also I really want info on the mattig but nobody seems to have it.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,162 Posts
The JOM kind seemed worse in terms of quality and yeah it flew up in the air and then came down back on the road and cars drove over it breaking it up into pieces. The FK's I have were never hard to install, I just popped them in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.