Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Simple answer, no, other than xenon's, but you probably knew that. My last car had HID's and I put in Sylvania Silverstar fogs. Not too bad. Are you looking for more of a color match, or a good performing fog also?

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
StLB5 said:
Simple answer, no, other than xenon's, but you probably knew that. My last car had HID's and I put in Sylvania Silverstar fogs. Not too bad. Are you looking for more of a color match, or a good performing fog also?
both... i don't want something that doesn't give off any light... i know how most of the HID look bulbs perform... they perfrom like crappola...

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Piaa extream whites are the best match. HID fog lights really dont do any good under heavy rain/heavy fog conditions. The light just reflects off of the water and dew droplets and inhibits your view. Personally, I picked up a set of Phillips all weather bulbs and will install those when I get the bumper back from paint.

Steve

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'd suggest doing a general search for bulbs on CB5 then, no matter what members are going for, 99% of the people looking for bulb info here want the most light and the closest HID look out of their lights. Brands that come to mind from when I was searching are Sylvania, PIAA, Hoen, and a few others. Like everything on here, your opinion of each may vary and of course there's a cost difference. I'm happy with mine, but I've never compared them to the others on the market first hand. I can say that Sylvania Cool Blue's suck donkey balls :p . I tried those before the Silverstars.

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
i got the philips all weather fogs and i think they are great. a lot better than white fogs, which defeats the purpose of having fogs in the first place. if you just want to look all white, best way is to have hids to match... my bro's got hids on both headlights and fogs for his acura mdx and it looks really good, but he says it's just not practical in the rain...

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whaddya mean HID fogs...? you need ballasts and all that crap for those too...?

i don't think that is going to light up the road any better than a regular halogen bulb... i just want the same performance with the HID look here...

BTW, i just drove home from work with the new HID's and that shit is a hige improvement over stock... especially on high beam... :eek:

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
A-Tiller-the hun said:
whaddya mean HID fogs...? you need ballasts and all that crap for those too...?

i don't think that is going to light up the road any better than a regular halogen bulb... i just want the same performance with the HID look here...
no, you don't need to have HID fogs. it's just that it's a perfect match for the HIDs (assuming you get the same bulbs).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.