Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Has anyone got any idea how to change to MAF meter - Im told it is under the Air Intake. Ive never done anything like this but just needed some advice - pics would help as I dont even know where it is!

K

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
Get yourself a Haynes repair manual Taffy boy :p
The MAF sensor is a pretty easy thing to get to its between your airfilter and the engine throttle body.

If your really stuck then check out this site. It's mostly in Russian but there are English sections and you should be able to find what you need , it just takes some searching.

VW Service Manuals

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
It is right after air box, black plastic tube with some wires on it.After MAF is ribbed hose leading to throttle body.
If you take out decorative plastic cover from the top of air box you will see MAF immediately, no mistake.
On pic below is right after big cilinder with sign CDA.You can see square plastic piece on that tube.YOu just unscrew it and put new one. It is not necessary to change all set, togeather with that smooth tube.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys!

Thanks for the help - I ended up taking it to the AA service centre and they did the job (parts and labour) for £142 - probably paid too much but I was desparate to get back on the road!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.