Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they are discontinued, but they look like the Kahn’s and are probably half the price :lol:

New or used, just looking for some info!

Thanks
Ethan

WOO HOO!! 100TH Post!!! :lol: 8) :p

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aldolicious77 said:
i had them on my car....heavy rims..and the qaulity on them wasnt the greatest....i alwasy felt a lil vibration in them ....i would just go with the voxx
The presidents or the one's i just posted?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Just a hunch :suspicio: that they're too soft, too thin

Then again, they could be great wheels, what do I know :crazy: I'm not an expert. Heck, you've been a member longer than I have!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I guess if you buy wheels that cheap, then it wouldn't be too big a deal if you need to replace one... just buy 5 from the start and put the fifth in the trunk as an identical spare.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think i'll try them, it's only 500$ no sales tax and no shipping!! :thumbup:
Will a 17 inch tire fit into the place where the stock spare is?

you post A LOT! you have almost double my posts1 :eek:
So lets talk tires... What do ya think gnosis?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm embarassed to admit how much time I've spent on this forum since I joined last month. :lol:

225/45-17 is the recommended size. The other size that is closest to OEM 195/65-15 tire size is 205/50-17, but it's not that common of a size so they tend to be the same price as the the wider more common 225/45-17 anyway. Are you buying tires as a package from that same site? Personally, I want a high performance all-season tire that LASTS at least 30K with "spirited" driving and doesn't cost too much. My choices are:

Falken Ziex ZE-512 (Lucky you, that site has them for $476)
Sumitomo HTR+ (TireRack has them)

That site says the ZE-512's have "improved rim protection ridge protects expensive custom wheels" which I was not aware of. +1 more point for these tires!

Might want to ask if hubcentric rings are included.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
One thing to note is that the offset is 42. 42 offset will bring the wheels INside the fenders just a little, about 4 mm more. I prefer 35-38 since OEM offset is 38 for my 2002 and I wouldn't mind the wheels coming outside a little more. But that's just personal preference.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the ring on the wheels dont match up to the hub of the car..so the rings make it a match right?

I think im going to get the falken Ziex...the oponions differ a lot on this tire but, mostly i think it's a good bang for the buck tire!

Also, where could i get a hubcentric ring if they dont come with them, and is it a DIY job to put on a tire with a hubcentric ring?

Thanks for you help!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts