Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
My friend Cassie is doing the March of Dimes Walk America (www.walkamerica.org or www.marchofdimes.com) this Sunday (04/25) and since we have around 12,000 members here in Club B5...I'm hoping some (or even All) of you can donate some money for this good cause.

If you guys can donate some money please go to: www.walkamerica.org/cassgott to donate online

Thanks in advance,

C._

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Sign on my front door:

SOLICITORS WILL BE DICED AND FED TO THE PIGS.

I voluntarily donate to those charities in which I believe.

Nothing personal. Solicitation for money on a public forum is ripe with scammers.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
poohbear said:
Sign on my front door:

SOLICITORS WILL BE DICED AND FED TO THE PIGS.

I voluntarily donate to those charities in which I believe.

Nothing personal. Solicitation for money on a public forum is ripe with scammers.
Sadly that is the truth. I myself am very for March of Dimes as I had a very sick child when she was born, so it hits at home. Easy way to get money and keep it in your pocket using the charities as a good excuse. :-(

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well..unfortunately there's no way for me to proof to you guys that this is a real deal not a scam :( ...except if you guys wants to drive to Troy, MI and meet the person that will walk this weekend :)

in any case, thanks to jimbob and the rest that donates.

C._

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Big_C said:
well..unfortunately there's no way for me to proof to you guys that this is a real deal not a scam :( ...except if you guys wants to drive to Troy, MI and meet the person that will walk this weekend :)

in any case, thanks to jimbob and the rest that donates.

C._
Other people have ruined it for the honest people that just want to help with a good cause.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Geez folks, it's the march of dimes, with a secure site. So that excuse really doesn't hold up, IMHO.

suit yourself. :roll: :poke: :eek:h: :thumbup:

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
I'm sorry. I'll give up my cynical ways. Check's in the mail.

Now Here's my charity:

www.FeedaStarvingDachshundakapoohbear.org/gimme

Think of all 3, uh, I mean, 300,000 of the starving dachshunds in my house, uh, I mean, the world. Just send your money to me and I'll make sure it gets where you want it to go. Please? Pretty Please?

You are free to do with your money what you want. I donate to charities and to individuals in need. I give generously on a regular basis to the Humane Society. www.hsus.org But I don't give to solicitors. PERIOD. If I were in Michigan and I met this person and liked them and liked their organization, I would write a check. But I don't know them. I don't know you. DO YOU TRUST ME? WOULD YOU SEND MONEY TO ME JUST 'CAUSE I TOLD YOU I WAS GOING TO USE IT ALTRUISTICALLY? Probably not. I'm sorry but trust has to be earned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts