Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the place, and new to Volkswagens in general. I had been driving Subaru's for most of my life. Though there is a ton of info here I'm wondering if the early model forums are still populated? I am planing a few large jobs to get the Passat I bought at a level I am happy with; but am looking for a semi active community to share with.

I see a huge number of threads in the year/s old range.

Thanks. Maybe reply if you drive an early B and we can get some discussion going on plans / stuff you have already done / why there are no cup holders in these things / yadda yadda.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I suppose that sort of answeres that
I didn't own one until a couple weeks ago. A friend of mine had a 90 B4V parked under an apple tree for several years. I didn't seriously consider it until a good AHU tdi engine feel in my lap.

This is a somewhat lengthy project though, the b4v had been occupied by mice for awhile and hasn't been on the road done 08 due to a bad auto trans.

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have a couple, a few buddies have them also, but true the form is quite for days at a time. It is hard to find our kind at meets also.
Cant wait to see your project evolve.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have a couple, a few buddies have them also, but true the form is quite for days at a time. It is hard to find our kind at meets also.
Cant wait to see your project evolve.
I would have posted up some pic of it earlier today but I had trouble getting Photobucket to upload from my phone.

I've always liked the b3 for some reason but until I started doing some serious cycling I didn't really think about the abundance of space it has inside. Two years ago I promised myself I was done with project cars but now wanting to take a bike with me a lot the value of having one of the older but much larger wagons was reason enough to do this project. The arrival of the AHU engine didn't hurt either, I love my 97 Jetta tdi and I expect the b3 wagon with the same drive train to be very similar.

I'll post up pictures when I get the issues sorted out.

Steve

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
As for me, I'm currently replacing four of eight intake valves in a PL code 16V cylinder head from an 89 Jetta GLI - yes I have a donor GLI to source parts from. You don't own a >25 yr old VW and not have a non-dealer parts source. Workbench fun...

The forum might do slightly better if it were titled "All Pre-1997 watercooled VWs". That way, it'd catch everything back to the '75 Rabbits & Sciroccos. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts