Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Good thing is they stopped after pulling and inspecting the axles for me. Just labor for r&r and initial diag time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I also had a similar experience. I swapped a used tiptronic into my 1st B5.5 Passat and about a week later it went nowhere when I left work. At that point I thought for sure I screwed something up or the trans was bad. I had it towed to a shop who told me it was just the CV joint. All in all, I was pretty relieved that was the problem even if I could have figured it out if I didn't jump to conclusions.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Well, got her back and all is good. No looseness or clunk anymore and the best part, it drives . Already ordered the other side to put in this weekend myself.

Felt good that they complimented me on all the mods, albeit they were functional and little touches here and there.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Release that clutch just a tad bit slower from now on. :whistle:

Ironically enough I heard that oh so familiar clicking sound when pulling a hard left turn leaving my parking spot yesterday. It was a 'what the hell was that' moment.
It sucks cause I know what's coming. But the axles in my daily driver are 7 years old now. I really can't complain the way I abuse that car.

Reactions: VAGguy
41 - 44 of 44 Posts