Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, well is here at mo! Hey who else has found their local VW dealer tries to fleese them out of unnecessary costs for parts???? I guess I am not alone. I am going through the process of sourcing parts for my w8 - yep - cam adjusters. No problem, I can handle the jandle and we will just do them. Of course after exercising the naughty adjusters with a bit of voltage....

Check this out - one price from vwpartsdepartment.com for example a cam adjuster US$400 or US$500. New Zealand dealer - US$980 each. I don't mind paying for businesses to make their margin but 100% is a little rich. I have emailed lots of places who dont ship to NZ, or wont ship to a different billing address than my credit card.

The difference in price, is more than a ticket to the USA to pickup the parts. Anyone here want to make a few dollars and source me some parts? Ha

B

·
Registered
131 Posts
If nobody steps up, I could help you. I found 1stvwparts.com to have very good prices for OEM parts. The only annoyance is that they're located on the west coast and myself on the east coast. Ground shipping takes 5 business days.

·
Registered
34 Posts
whoever decides to help him thats asome but make sure you cover yourself. i have seen similar requests end badly for people trying to be helpful. make sure you have the money before you shipp the parts. if you do it via paypal then recieve it as a gift. or get a moneyorder.

not saying he is not legit just saying this is how alot of people get scammed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warnings FBR - although I am as genuine as they come - although would anyone mind purchasing some parts for me, and sending them to my home in Nigeria?? Ha ha ha. Actually in all seriousness - the dealer in NZ today dropped his price to US$900 each ha ha ha.

Ok I received a response from a guy who can do them for US$366 and US$457 which is much more real in my books. It all comes down to Zeb at 1stvwparts.com All I need to do is call on a family member or friend (havnt worked out who yet) to receive them and send them!!! Stoked.

Remember please - Zeb 1stvwparts.com - I recommend them.

Now for the fun bit...............the install. Anyone done the job and have tips? Or shall I just wade in there :)

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
the joke isn't funny. in addition, you keep talking about being in NZ, yet where does your location say you are?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the joke isn't funny. in addition, you keep talking about being in NZ, yet where does your location say you are?
Hello Jay. You are a moderator? I think my ip address is, or was the netherlands when I joined?? It all depends on who supplies our internet service when I am at work, which is Borneo offshore (currently). I have found this site really helpful, except when I couldn't join due to my isp being different to my location. That was ok but when I actually emailed you guys to help me join, a couple of times but I no response at all. So yeh, there is your answer, I am a NZ resident.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
location is a user-entered variable, afaik; unless, of course, the back end has been modified by the newish owners to default to wherever the IP addy range is registered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts