Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I wish we still had real ballsy guys like Evil Knievel. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Or stupid, matter of opinion. Wait, they make stupid still, look at the Jackass guys.

When I was a kid, Evil was the shit. Almost every boy wanted to be like him. Who else could inspire kids to jump over x number of things. Anybody remember getting five or six of your friends to lay down so you could jump over them on your bike?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I had all of Evil's action figures, bikes, rocket cars, etc. I wish I still had them, they lost too many fights to GI Joe, Big Jim, Lord Vader, etc. :) Evil was cool.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
The ad in very tiny letters below the video on You Tube:

"Get instant online quotes for car insurance, home insurance, van insurance, taxi insurance and motorcycle insurance."

Now that's intelligent association! :lol:

In other news, who the **** thought a Lincoln had a chance of flying a mile, even with those stubby wings? What happened, did it start to tip backward in flight and rip the front and rear ends right off?

·
Super Moderator
14,069 Posts
Ah yes, the bad old days when stunt jumping was on ABC's Wide World of Sports all the time.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In other news, who the **** thought a Lincoln had a chance of flying a mile, even with those stubby wings? What happened, did it start to tip backward in flight and rip the front and rear ends right off?
I dont know much about physics, but I would guess that because of the speed and the angle of his car after he left the ramp, the air pushed the front end of the car up and flipped it.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
i think he pulled the chute too quick.
i wanted to be a stuntman when i was a kid.
evil was my hero!
have his vids too:)

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
It would sail one mile...holy crap

Looks like all of that "million dollars worth of research" was wrong

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
"Did I make it? Is everyone pleased?"

Dude...You went 15 stories up and cleared about 50 yards of water...so no not everyone, especially our financial backers, is pleased.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Gives a new meaning to the phrase Hot Rod Lincoln! I wish they paid me a million I would have told him he couldn't do it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts