Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is a very sad situation, clearly someone pressed the button, pulled the trigger without really thinking.

My question is:

Was it Russia or Russian backed rebels that did the shooting? I know it was a Russian Beech missile launcher. Ukraine says the don't have the ability to shoot down at such high elevations as commerical jets, is this really the case?

What do you think?

Second Question: Who in their right mind would fly Malaysian Airlines going forward? I know the odds of this happening are insanely small, but WTF, who did they piss off to deserve this ???

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Was it Russia or Russian backed rebels that did the shooting? I know it was a Russian Beech missile launcher. Ukraine says the don't have the ability to shoot down at such high elevations as commerical jets, is this really the case?

What do you think?
Considering the extent and amount of Russian influence in the area, there isn't any telling what Russian equipment has made it into Ukraine/rebel hands. I would tend to agree with the theory of untrained rebels not utilizing (or not knowing how to) the IFF feature of a surface to air missile system.

But on a different tangent, how far would the Ukraine government go to draw attention away from it's gas debt to Russia?

Second Question: Who in their right mind would fly Malaysian Airlines going forward? I know the odds of this happening are insanely small, but WTF, who did they piss off to deserve this ???
Coincidence. What about Air France, American Airlines, Swissair, Turkish Airlines and many other air carriers who have had accidents in their past?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coincidence. What about Air France, American Airlines, Swissair, Turkish Airlines and many other air carriers who have had accidents in their past?
They lose a plane over South China sea, no real trace thus far, no real idea of what happened. Now they are in the wrong place at wrong time and are shot down....coincidence perhaps, but it does make you think about why this one airline would be so unlucky. Shit happens, but my God, what would you do if you had a choice of flying them or someone else? I guess there will be those that feel that nothing more could plague this airline...you feel that?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does one go about becoming "ex-Belarusian?"
Emigrate to Canada, stop wearing patterned scarves on your hair, and in about 5 years you are ordering coffee and donuts at Tim Hortons and buying Motomaster tires at Canadian Tire. Eh?

·
Registered
949 Posts
not really pertaining to the flight that got shot down, but did anyone hear the air algerie flight went missing and apparently crashed in the Mali desert?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Wreckage has been found with French military securing crash site. Inclement weather suspected as cause for crash.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts