Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finishing up phase 2 of my Audi install here. I got lucky and have low level factory preouts from the stock HU (no need for an LOC).

Outside of rewiring old school VW bugs and aftermarket systems, I've never really been an electronics guy. Below is just a "proof of concept" thing I did to make sure this would work (converting the low level out to an RCA connector). It works great but want something more permanent obviously.

So, how would I go about making an adapter or something for this connector? I assume Radio Shack probably has the equipment, but I have no idea what the hell to get to make it happen.

Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
get a fried ECU and take it apart - work from there - add the wires you need to attach to it?

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get a fried ECU and take it apart - work from there - add the wires you need to attach to it?
Actually, thought about a fried Bose amp, that would be perfect, can't find one though. Some dude on the Audi forums makes harnesses for this, time to pay up I think. Save me a lot of headaches.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
What side do you need?

I could cut the factory male ECU harness out of a crashed B5.5 I have.

LMK

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What side do you need?

I could cut the factory male ECU harness out of a crashed B5.5 I have.

LMK
Thanks, but I don't think that will work. I actually have some old sony harnesses here I might hack for it, just thought of it yesterday. Looks like I might be pulling everything from the HU now (instead of the trunk) due to noise issue, so I'll have to wait and see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts