Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buy those cheap bule bulbs that u can find anywhere on ebay, replace the blue bulbs with your High Beam bulbs, and prolly u will needa replace yor low beam bulbs with Silverstar bulbs, while u r drivin, turn on the High beam. men your won't believe how sux these blue bulbs r, but they give out really blue lookin. the light of these blue bulbs arent even brighter than the low beam Silverstar,,,,, you will get a really HID looking, and good vision......... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
are you suggesting driving with highbeams on? correct me if i am wrong, but the only difference between the lows and the hi's are the aim- the highbeams are aimed higher to get more distance, that's why it blinds on-coming traffic and people infront of you...

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
High beams on a B5.5 come from a unshielded reflector setup which means they cast light upwards as well as downwards. Lows come from a shielded projector which cast light downwards only.

There's a reason why lows should stay lows and highs stay highs. :crazy:

Maybe you'll figure that out when you get pulled over. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stopped using the high beam after I read these comments... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Did you really need to read other peoples opinions before you stopped driving with high beams on?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Inspite of his comments and actions, at least he got the message, we hope.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
QualityRacer how old are you dude?

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
natskiboy said:
QualityRacer how old are you dude?
It's not an age thing.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
1.8Tttturbo said:
who the hell drives at night with their hi beams the whole time???
After becoming partially blind from cars with highbeams on, apparently a lot more people than you think. I doubt these jerks know what high beams are. My wife is one of them.:banghead:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I get nervous about my Euro HIDs shining too bright and they are already aimed low. QR, what are you thinking???

·
Registered
260 Posts
jeeese , i drive a truck at night how many muppets i see driveing on F/B i lost count, just flash em with my 8 x super cibies turns there night into day, they get the message :D , ps what about those muppets with rear fogs on 24/7 dont you spot the orange ready breck like glow on the dash :banghead: and dont start me on front fogs :thumbdown

1 - 20 of 65 Posts