Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, i broght my car to the dealer because i finally got fed up witht he check engine light for 2 cels i found which were a knonk sensor and 2nd air flow.

When i brought it to VW they stated on the papaer they only found 2nd air code and stated they want me to pull out my blow off vavle and stick normal value in it. So i picked it up ana did so.

Next day i was running and my car started to die out when i pined the throttle. I looked under the hood and wiggled the wires going to my MAF and car died. I did have a friend rewire the connector and put a new one on there becasue the old connector had broke. What i want to know if any1 knows the wiring for the connected. I rewired yesterday becasue the connectors got loose and thats why my car died. But i still left this black wire disconnected.
What i noticed is there is a black wire not connected to any of them, looks like its a hanging ground wire.

Also the there is a weird looking relay the tubes are going to right next to the hardness that sites over the air filter, that clicks like crazy on engine start up, wondering if that is my issue. Thinking it might have to do with the black wire since one of the wires from the MAF hardness splits into that relay.

If anyone has any input, thanks

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Until you figure the wiring out, if you have a MY 2000+ (definitely 2001+) you can disconnect the maf electrical connection altogether and it should run fine. You'll get a CEL, but all driving should be normal. Runs off standard load, rpm/boost sensor maps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sry i got a 2001 B5. The wiring is working fine and car runs, but wondering if the black wire (Green wire is together with it) needs to be connected as well. Right not its not connected to anything, not sure if it goes into the hardness together with the solid green wire or not, or even some other place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have this problem with figuring out where the black wire goes. My wires were pulled out when I bought the car a few days ago and dont know if green and black wire goes together or not? if someone knows please help. thanx guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts