Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A buddy of mine gave me a Honda s2000 antenna...but the thing has a wider base then mine...so it flared out at the end, not flush. So I guess that I would have to buy a new base, rats. So, I got to thinking and decided to chop the long piece off my OEM antenna. Afterwards I used a sharpie to blacken out the tip, cut mark, and then used a drop of crazy glue to seal it. I thought it looked pretty good. My reception was not effected at all...and I did drive to my parents 100 miles away and the stations were the same as before (pre-chop)...same range. Let me know what you think of the look?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figure that I still have the s2000 antenna if need be, just would need to work on the base thing.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pretty much...i can't tell the difference. Even 50 miles from where I live I was still getting clear reception on all my normal stations. Weird huh?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After further inspection of the remains, it appears that the left over is a fiberglass rod that has a copper wire running - or spiraling around that rod...now much else. I would assume that reception would only be heard at longer distances from your city...which overall doesnt effect me...I dont travel much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts