Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
sounds cool.. but no Gran Turismo? No buy. No backward compatibility? No buy... The two things that Sony has that has kept me loyal.

·
Never forgets
2,380 Posts
Keep in mind MS did buy VPC. Wonder how much of the X-Box code is API vs. machine code. If its API rich, then they stand a good change of being able to emulate X-box I pretty good.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ill be intrested if thats what it actually gets. figuring Xbox 2 is nearly 2 years away, since there talking a fall of next year release. And knowing MS is will probably be pushed back.

Alot can change hardware wise in 20+ months. And I am sure Intel will push hard to get there chip in there.

-Nick

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Yeah...this doesn't seem too realistic...

In contrast with the current Xbox, the next one will have no hard disk drive -- unless Sony puts one in the PlayStation 3.
But Microsoft will upgrade that to 512 megabytes if Sony puts in more.
Sweeney says it is dangerous for Microsoft to wait until Sony reveals the details of the PlayStation 3 or to pay too much attention to cost issues.
Basing your entire product model on what someone else releases means #1, you'll never be the first to the market, and #2, you have no frickin' clue on how to market your product. Doesn't seem like something a large corporation would even contemplate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
stealthx32
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing