Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why this has gotten under my skin, but after six years of ownership, I am suddenly annoyed by the wording of this MFD alert (perhaps it is because my trunk only sees luggage on the way to and from the airport, and only if my hockey bag or camping gear isn't already in residence).

I am sure it sounds pretentious, but I would rather like it to say "Boot latch open" or "Trunk lid ajar"... or even "Check your back, Jack" if feeling a little whimsical.

Does anyone know if you can reprogram the alert messages displayed by the computer for various errors/faults? I would think there could be some fun in this...

Keith

· Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,195 Posts
Nice idea, but if it were possible, the number of obscene and/or whimsical messages keyed in by the members would have collapsed the whole VW community by now. (I'm pretty sure they're hard coded.) Though... I suspect other languages are also in the ROM, if that would interest you.

· Registered
233 Posts
I don't know why this has gotten under my skin, but after six years of ownership, I am suddenly annoyed by the wording of this MFD alert (perhaps it is because my trunk only sees luggage on the way to and from the airport, and only if my hockey bag or camping gear isn't already in residence).

I am sure it sounds pretentious, but I would rather like it to say "Boot latch open" or "Trunk lid ajar"... or even "Check your back, Jack" if feeling a little whimsical.

Does anyone know if you can reprogram the alert messages displayed by the computer for various errors/faults? I would think there could be some fun in this...

Keith
I want mine to say "Check your back, Jack!" Thats freakin awesome! :D

· Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Check your back, Jack" that would be the "Jive" language directory...

If my "Engine compartment"/bonnet were open, could it be "XYZPDQ" or "Barn door is open"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.