Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

lowest drop

Tags
drop lowest
1K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  HKB5variant 
#1 ·
i need a spring that will give me at least a 2 inch drop. anyone know of any? thanks

BTW- i have a 99 1.8T sedan.

#5 ·
intrax - lowest drop out of all springs (2+ inches drop)...currently have 95k miles on my car....stock original shocks...no problems...actually softer ride then the neuspeed or h&R sport...but has a problem of bottoming out....

if you get the intrax...BEWARE of dips....

#6 ·
ahnh666 said:
intrax - lowest drop out of all springs (2+ inches drop)...currently have 95k miles on my car....stock original shocks...no problems...actually softer ride then the neuspeed or h&R sport...but has a problem of bottoming out....

if you get the intrax...BEWARE of dips....
but has a problem of bottoming out Duh, I wonder why :crazy:

#7 ·
the bottoming out is because of the SOFT springs...intrax springs are very soft...the ride feel almost stock...VS...the h&r and neuspeed sport are relatively stiffer springs compared to stock...bottoming out is more due to the softness of the springs...if the springs were stiffer...would not bottom out as much...

anybody know any 2+ inch drop STIFF springs?..

#9 ·
There aren't any race springs for the B5 or B5.5 according to H&R and yes, they are GREAT performance springs but don't expect to drive your car on a full stomach.... :puke:

Anyone with 2 inches or more of drop that aren't running adjustable coilovers or similar solution is either wanting a car mainly for show or is ok with the possibility of rubbing and bottoming out in even moderate bumps/dips.

#10 ·
S_Klass said:
There aren't any race springs for the B5 or B5.5 according to H&R and yes, they are GREAT performance springs but don't expect to drive your car on a full stomach.... :puke:

Anyone with 2 inches or more of drop that aren't running adjustable coilovers or similar solution is either wanting a car mainly for show or is ok with the possibility of rubbing and bottoming out in even moderate bumps/dips.
Eibach Pro-Kit - about a 2.25" drop... i never bottomed out or anything these springs are SOLID :thumbup:

#11 ·
therockshow182 said:
S_Klass said:

Eibach Pro-Kit - about a 2.25" drop... i never bottomed out or anything these springs are SOLID :thumbup:

Is it me do I need Glasses? That does not look like a 2.25" drop!
Take a side shot not angles but it still wont be a 2.25" drop.

#12 ·
How is it that we've got people sporting 2.25 inch drops with Eibach Pro-Kit/Pro-System when people have complained that Eibach doesn't quite drop them the 1.2 inches advertised or that the perceived Eibach drop is 'inadequate'.

I'm confused. Is this a Euro-spec Eibach setup perhaps??

#13 ·
S_Klass said:
How is it that we've got people sporting 2.25 inch drops with Eibach Pro-Kit/Pro-System when people have complained that Eibach doesn't quite drop them the 1.2 inches advertised or that the perceived Eibach drop is 'inadequate'.

I'm confused. Is this a Euro-spec Eibach setup perhaps??
Noob typo I bet !

#15 ·
my eibachs springs and bilsteins are lower than the 1.2, I think its more like 1.5 or a little more. And.. I have a perfectly even drop b/c I used the low vin pirches.

I have a 2 finger wheel gap on each tire.

Kevin

#16 ·
vwjedi said:
my eibachs springs and bilsteins are lower than the 1.2, I think its more like 1.5 or a little more. And.. I have a perfectly even drop b/c I used the low vin pirches.

I have a 2 finger wheel gap on each tire.

Kevin

What's this about low vin perches?? I just ordered the pro-system... didn't realize there were more parts or options??

#17 ·
If you want to stay with Springs/shocks instead of coilovers, B&G springs will give you the lowest drop. Saw Edsel's (Zoom) car on B&G springs and it was definitely lower than my Neuspeed sport springs.

If that setup is not low enough for you, you can get ECS's coilover perches and go up to 3" low.

But everybody knows that if you want to get the lowest drop, you need coilovers :D

#22 ·
blakwag said:
There's no way you're gonna get a 2.25" drop from Eibachs!
I have Eibachs also and got a hair over a 2" drop. It varies by car I think. I have a V6 4Mo and I think the weight caused it to drop more than advertised, although Eibach does advertise 1.75" for my setup.

But if you really want guaranteed 2"+ you have to go with coilovers. That's the only way to go really low in a Passat.

(BTW folks, the 2.25" drop above has a before and after pic. sheesh :p )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.