Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 04 Passat the other week, nothing has been added yet!!! It's shadow blue w/ leather interior...But I need some help. I want to lower it maybe 1.5' (whatever is best for the Passat). And I don't know anything about these Passats therefore I came here for help. What exactly am I needing to lower the car? (springs and so on) And approximently how much will the final price come out to be? But most importantly does lowering the car effect the actual drive of the Passat? I would really appreciate some info...Thanks guys. I wanna get everything done quick so I can put some pics up here. The only upgrade I have is tinted windows :sad:.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll post some pics before the weekend is over....Right now I wanna try and get my passat lowered but I dont know if i have enough money to do so. How much is it usually when everything is said and done?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Well it is $155 for springs and then $425-435 for shocks and install should be no more than $300. i would say less than $900 for a full setup installed. If you are going to do this, get in on that group buy before its over.

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Install should be 3 hours at the most at a reputable shop. So that will give you an idea of installation costs....depending on what your shop charges.

I lowered my passat at 70 miles! Now Im replacing my eibachs with nuespeed springs and bilstein shocks.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Wow, I feel the love :oops: ... Actually everyone is spot on. Install is a 2.5 to 4 hour job depending on how many suspensions they've done. I think the concensus is that if you take it to a place that does suspensions all the time, they may charge more per hour but they usually get done quicker and get it done right the first time.

All in all install should be between $200 to $300 and the full suspension (springs/shocks) can be delivered to your door for <$600 courtsey of your friendly neighbourhood GB! ;)

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Another add on to consider would be a rear sway bar from Autotech or Neuspeed. (Neighboorhood of $200) Should help neutralize the understeer tendency of the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
rpaller
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing