Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, yes this is another l o w e r i n g thred...I'm going to have it done in the next month or so.

Just saw a B5 S4 with H&R springs and Bilstien struts....looked good, decent drop (but workable for Colorado)...not a bad ride. How would this combo measure up to the Eibach Pro-Street rig?

These are what I'm narrowing it down to.

What you guys thinK?

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
May I ask why you keep asking the same questions about various setups? There's plenty of information on suspension combo's on PassatWorld, but you have have to take the time and do a little research.

Most people factor in drop, handling, and especially price when making their decision on a spring/shock combo. You can't go wrong with either setup! The H&R/Bilstein setup has a slightly stiffer ride with a slight rake, while the Eibach Pro System Kit rides closer to stock without the rake. I don't want to add to the drama and confusion, since you've narrowed your decision to these two setups but it would be worth your while to consider KWSuspension's shock/spring combo kit as well.

You keep going back and forth on your suspension. Shop around, and select the best one for your individual needs.

Good luck...

Will aka The Swami

·
Registered
67 Posts
H&R/Bilstein

I just dropped my V6 01 B5 with H&R/Bilstein setup via the Swami's advice. :thumbup: Not only does it look sweet, the ride is just slightly stiffer than stock. The install and parts were less than 1G, thanks Induktion Motorsports.

just my $ .02

adam

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I just dropped my V6 01 B5 with H&R/Bilstein setup via the Swami's advice. :thumbup: Not only does it look sweet, the ride is just slightly stiffer than stock. The install and parts were less than 1G, thanks Induktion Motorsports.

just my $ .02

adam
:) Adam, I'm glad you are enjoying that setup! I'm getting the new buggy dropped at Induktion next week.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear about the rake with the H&Rs, I had them on my VR4 a few years ago and the rake sucked. Does it offset the slight dip our cars have with the rear wheels and sort of balance out?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Viper, thanks for the time and effort....my desktop shit the bed and at my old job I couldn't get to 'Big Boy' internet so it's not super conveinent to 'do a little research'...not to mention the fact that this is the first thread I've seen in my 'research' over the last few months that actually touts pics of H&Rs (not to mention an actual description of how Bilstiens and H&Rs behave...much appriciated Swami).

:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts