Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from NC to VA after Thanksgiving and I ran into some traffic on 95 and could suddenly feel a pretty bad vibration in the car around the 30-40 mph range. And its been like that ever since then. If i'm rolling on the highway and drop down to 40 mph I can feel the vibration pretty badly. I can feel it in body through the seat and on me feet through the floor. Then if I slow down to about 30 mph it comes slower so it almost feels like its something with the drivers side front tire.
I guess what i'm getting at here is what should I look at or for? Could the rim be bent? I dont' feel any play in the wheel when I grab it and pull or push on it.
What should I check?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Do you feel it on the steering wheel as well? I had a similar problem a few years ago in my old honda civic and it was a bad tire. Basically I had a big bump in the tire and the car was shaking really bad. Check your tires.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the slower speeds... like 25 to 30 since the rotation is slower it does feel like there is a hump or something in the tire. I don't feel anything directly in the steering wheel and as the speed picks up the vibration deminishes.
Its weird because when i leave my mother's house in NC it wasn't there, and somewhere on the trip it showed up. I don't think I hit or ran over anything that would have messed up the rim or tire. And I don't feel any play in the wheel. Totally confused!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts