Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 passat 1.8t wit neuspeed 0.8 chipped. Finally got around to installing my boost gauge yesterday and I notice im only boosting no more the 4lb-5lb. I figure the car was in limp mode so i rest the Ecu by unhooking the battery cable for 15mins. Got it back on and still boosting low. I don't know if running in Speed Density Mode is the problem or not but my MAF is unplug as of now. It been driving soooo slow but i guess its not getting enuff boost. Was wondering if anybody had this problem before. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If the max boost is only 4~5PSI, it might be the wastegate solenoid. The wastegate solenoid increases the boost when it receives a signal from the ECU so it could be faulty or disconnected. The early AEB engines didn't have a boost sensor and it is possible to drive the car without the wastegate solenoid electrical connector plugged in and not throw a code. I did this once as a test and the maximum manifold pressure was around 5PSI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.