Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 99 Passat!!! It's been great but wow I'm spent. I'm a single Mom and I hate going to the dealership or any shops. I feel they take advantage of me. I as charged almost 40 bucks to put oil in my car. I'm a girl, but I'm NOT stupid. I know how to check my oil, change tire, battery, and so on. My dad and brother both gave me the basics. Just spent............

· Moderate Moderator
16,459 Posts
I'm a single Mom and I hate going to the dealership or any shops. I feel they take advantage of me.
Don't feel singled out. Many places rip everyone off, not just women. Sometimes it's premeditated and sometimes it's incompetence. The best thing you can do is to find a trustworthy independent mechanic who works on a lot of VW/Audi's. They may not be easy to find, but they do exist. Write-ups and advice from this forum will also help you tremendously.

· Registered
2,130 Posts
welcome to PW! girl or no girl they do it everyone. this forum and the guys here saved me some $$$$$ for sure. im not by no means a mechanic as i get worked up when things are apart. im shure there are a few folks around your area that are on here too that can help when needed. enjoy your stay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.