Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

LOUD Pop

Tags
loud pop
1K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  07VWPB6 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello there guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, tried searching previous posts but did not see something that was similar to my scenario at hand.

Alright, I have an 07 Passat 2.0T. As I was reversing out of the parking ramp I hear a LOUD pop, I mean LOUD where I literally thought; "ok, something deff just broke". Drove it carefully home and I did not notice anything abnormal. This Morning, I could deff tell something was wrong as I would hear some rattling/clunking when hitting any minor bumps on the road. I wanna say it is coming from the driver side in the front. I don't recall if I was turning the steering wheels left or right when I heard the loud pop/bang, but its deff coming from the front. Have not had the chance to really look at it well on stands, but I did turn the wheels to the left to see if I could notice anything odd in the wheel assembly while looking in the wheel well and did the same on the right side. Nothing odd, will jack the car up this weekend and give it the good ol tire tug and push to see if there is any play.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

My apologies in advanced if this has been answered before.

See less See more
#7 ·
she is on 83k. Not the original owner, but she is CLEAN! This weekend I plan on tackling this clunking noise along with the Timing belt that needs to be replaced. Everything works well besides the clunking, had the engine light that was shooting a misfire on the 3rd cylinder and I could tell something was wrong due to the fact when you step on the gas it would hesitate a little. Replaced all plugs with NGK's and replace the ignition coils and she is running smooth tho the light is still on. Only other thing is the Tranny drops a little heavy as it hits under 30MPH after driving on the highway. Not an every time deal just here and there, will f/up with dealer as I saw there is an system update for the Tranny. Thanks for the info!

#8 ·
tranny filter and fluid pretty easy...these coils go bad just like on the B5s and B5.5s, you do not want to twist back and forth when removing ,straight up and out is preferred method, and 83k, almost broken in ! , ha! . If you do tranny yourself let me know as have the "hot" set up for doing ,no mess and no fuss. let me know about the "pop"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.