Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you’ll quickly learn, I’m not very experienced. One step at a time, I’ll learn as I go.
I have to admit, the stock premium 5 just didn’t function the way I’m used to from previous daily drivers and so I either had to commit to pulling out my old CD collection or running one of those barely functioning AUX to cassette things. Couldn’t do it folks. Swapped the radio. Don’t ask me with what, it’s embarrassing. Haha.
After the swap I was greeted with screeching from almighty God himself it seemed
I had no idea tweeter speakers were a thing. I do now.
Not too much difficulty removing the old ones, but, I’m impatient and wasn’t waiting for replacements. Technically speaking, the little 1 inch speakers could be pulled out of their housing and replaced without replacing the entire housing piece, but it’s a pain as the clips holding it in place are like, melted in place. OF COURSE I didn’t get pictures mid project. I will next project.
Instead of waiting, I ran out and grabbed dirt cheap 1 inch boss tweeters for $16
They were just a hair tobig to fit within the housing, and while I could have mounted them inside the foam casing that’s there, I decided to put them on the outside. Hahaha
Vehicle Grille Car Automotive tire Hood

it almost looks like they do more than what they do now. Hahaha
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood

after getting the front two tweeters swapped, the God worthy screeching has gone, only to QUICKLY return with vengeance in the back. It’s not the tweeters though, it’s the lower door speakers. I believe they are called mid speakers? I’ve heard there is a few sites to look for specific speaker dimensions but of course I don’t remember any of them. I believe the speakers I need to replace are more narrow than usual, or at least that’s what I was reading last night. And that it can be tricky finding replacements that will mount properly. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
What's with the bird droppings on the dash?

Reactions: PZ and ylwagon
1 - 2 of 2 Posts