Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my car to car max for 15k and two days later they are selling it for 19k. But they never knew I beat the S^&* out of it. Love the passat. But just had to go back to american, now I know I will get from point a to b. And I can actually work on it also.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
like it or not dealers arent in buisness to give top dollar to you so they can turn around and make no profit on a deal. Also lets be honest the dealer doesn't care if you beat the vehicle because someone else will come along and buy it and again lets face it you haven't screwed the dealer and the dealer still has their money

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Warped said:
American :???: To get to point a and b
It will get from point A to point B, it will just be really boring and if its a Chrysler it will only do it for 20000 miles and then the transmission will drop.

At least say you are going Ford.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chrysler always had a horible trans. Ford Always have had electrical problems and never last taht long. chevy cars have always sucked but there 3.8 engine and trans have been the most reliable, Just check CR top car is a buick :puke: . You just can't beat a 1995 chevy truck with Tow pakage and 12 bolt rear end. Unstopable and I and feel like i can hit anything. Only wish it handled like the VW.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Frosty420 said:
Sold my car to car max for 15k and two days later they are selling it for 19k. But they never knew I beat the S^&* out of it. Love the passat. But just had to go back to american, now I know I will get from point a to b. And I can actually work on it also.
Give us the link to the car on carmax's website... would love to see it!

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
i traded my 99 gls passat with 70k on it for about 8500.
one day i saw my old car in a parking lot. i recognized a dent in the trunk lid i got from backing into a shoping cart :p .
anyhow the guy paid about 12k for the car from a used car lot. the dealer i traded it must have sent it to auction...
i lost about $3500 too...
:(

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Frosty420 said:
Sold my car to car max for 15k and two days later they are selling it for 19k.
Next time sell if your self, then you'll be the one making the extra money.

And if all you looking for is basic reliable transportation, might I suggest a used Toyota Camry, not much fun, but extremly reliable, and I find them easy as any other to work on.

Look for a nice used V6 model.

-Nick

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Z28Driver said:
like it or not dealers arent in buisness to give top dollar to you so they can turn around and make no profit on a deal. Also lets be honest the dealer doesn't care if you beat the vehicle because someone else will come along and buy it and again lets face it you haven't screwed the dealer and the dealer still has their money
I thought dealers were "non-profit" organizations like PBS? Damn capitalists! :p

·
Registered
791 Posts
Frosty420 said:
chrysler always had a horible trans. Ford Always have had electrical problems and never last taht long. chevy cars have always sucked but there 3.8 engine and trans have been the most reliable, Just check CR top car is a buick :puke: .
Chrylser does have horrible trans'

Ford doesn't have too many electrical problems :???: I work on ford's week in and week out

Buicks kick ass
if I'd had $5k extra when I got the passat, I'd have a regal GS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts