Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001.5 Passat with Bridgestone Turanza LS-H tires (195/65HR15). Had some Michelin Energy MVX's before that.

Looks like the Turanza LS-H's are no longer made. I'm looking for a similar all-season tire. I'm not crazy about racing performance tires, etc. Just a premium/high-end tire that performs well all-around and provides a smooth ride.

What do you experts recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I've got a 2001.5 Passat with Bridgestone Turanza LS-H tires (195/65HR15). Had some Michelin Energy MVX's before that.

Looks like the Turanza LS-H's are no longer made. I'm looking for a similar all-season tire. I'm not crazy about racing performance tires, etc. Just a premium/high-end tire that performs well all-around and provides a smooth ride.

What do you experts recommend? Thanks.
do a search on the tire forum and youl find besides my posts many people who have bought the michelin pilot exalto hp a/s tires,i was one ,i now have them on all three of my vw,s.two passats and kids jetta,in the last two years .....use to have those michelin enrgy rim protectors,cant compare them at all but you can compare the pilots to others like tire racks reviews and ratings and see why they came out in the top pecent of very category .we have over 60000 miles(appx30000+20000+10000)combined between all of them with no noticable tread wear and peformance or handling change from when they were new ,i wouldnt hesitate to replace them with the same tire again when needed,so if your looking for an excelent a/s hp tire w/91H load rating, 400 treadwear ,A temp.rating
go for it,and btw change over to the optional factory spec size of 205-60x15 you and you car will be glad you did and wonder why you never did it sooner

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I put Potenza RE960 AS pp's on mine and they stick like crazy in everything. Dry, rain and so far up to about 4-5" of snow. I wanted a tire that would really grip on a dry road but not compromise in other conditions. I didn't ever want to regret even for a second buying an ultra high performance tire because I like the ability to drive ANY time I want, I've never ever altered my plans due to weather (had a lot of fun times like that!) and I didn't want to start now. And I sure didn't want to wreck my new baby! Well I didn't skip a beat all fall, winter and spring so far. These tires are better than I thought was possible. Plus Tire Rack reviews say people are getting 50-60K out of them, and they're quiet too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
x3 on UrbanLegend. I got mine for the weather here on Guam and couldn't be happier. The perfect tire for my 4Motion. Great ride and traction and quieter than the OEM Contis that were on. Tirerack.com has great prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts