Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m actually wondering if anyone has or knows of these parts I need for a 2004 GLX wagon?

I am looking for a used
  • fuel door ‘unit’ in Reflex Silver
  • all roof rack end caps
  • passenger front bumper trim strips (the chrome and reflex silver ones)
  • Passenger yellow marker light cover
  • driver side trim strips (chrome and reflex silver ones)
  • both fog lights
  • both fog light grills
  • driver’s side tail light (Wagon)
A bit of a laundry list but if you know of the whereabouts of these offenders please contact me immediately.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
This is the place I go for most all of the used parts I need. The owners name is Blake. His stock is always rotating, so if you don't something right at the moment, it'll more than likely show up after short while.
I'm going to give a bit of advice. If you see what you need, don't waste time shopping it around, buy what you need otherwise someone will but it from under you.
Blake's prices are very competitive.

Used B5.5 parts

Reactions: Rob.Achmann

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, are any of the bumper bits similar? I don’t think they follow the same design. Perhaps the fuel door? There’s a possibility of that working. Ok, how about the radiator aero guides that go on both sides of the radiator, between the radiator sides and the front bumper cover? Are the fog lights identical in design? I could use the lower passenger side radiator hose, and upper driver’s side rad hose if they are fairly new... oh! The battery cover black ABS cover that slides into place... is that the same? Let’s see if these are a match... thanks

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,165 Posts
Rob. About the only things interchangeable between a B5 A4 and a B5/B5.5 Passat are the some of the front suspension bits, steering wheel, engine, transmission, and wheels. Major things, anyways. In other words, nothing on your list, sadly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Are you looking for "experienced working" parts to get you on the road, or "showroom" parts to make your ride look nice? I've got a Drivers Side Wagon Tail Light (2002), but the outer clear plastic layer is cracked, broken and I think it may be missing part of it (hole in the clear plastic layer). It functions fine, but will not make anybody envious when they see it on the showroom floor. Price would be cheap. I got a replacement at a local pick-n-pull junk yard. As you probably know, it's a PITA to remove that light because the plastic rack to hold the Amp/CD-Player/etc blocks easy access to the tail light nuts.

I also may have a yellow marker light cover, don't remember if it's driver's or passenger's side, or if there is a difference. I broke the clips, or something, on the general light fixture but not the yellow plastic cover. Price would be cheap.

ETA: the condition of my extra Wagon Tail Light is pretty bad. I'd be embarrassed to have this on my car :) . You can have it for postage, but you're going to want another one if you have this one. I didn't come across my marker light yet.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha - that inspired me to buy a new one. The dealer actually gave me a break as I've purchased many parts and a new car from them. New taillight cost? $160 CAD (< $114 USD) Can't beat that at all. It's the passenger yellow marker light and they are different for each side

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just curious, Rob. Are there no salvage yards nearby? Does Canada, as a rule, allow junkyards? That yellow side light would have cost me at max $5 US in my go-to junkyard down here.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m sorta new to New Brunswick so I’m trying to catch up on what’s where. Also, back in Ontario I went to many Volvo graveyards and just getting to know VW now

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I need a rear hatch for my reflex silver wagon but there were no cars in that color at the junkyard I visited yesterday. I'll probably be trying some other junkyards in the next week or two so let me know if you want me to look for anything that is still on your list. I'd be happy to sell any parts for my cost + shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts