Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone. i've seen the gorgeous S-Line or R-line badge everywhere but I don't know where to find one online to buy. ebay???
someone help please.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
at the dealership by my house they dropped a few passats and put some rims on them..they put the r line badges all over them and they really do look outta place.the rims they put on the b6's look SWEET tho

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Question - VW had the R32?
they also sold "R" accesories (pedals, body kits, 3 spoke steering wheels) sporting the "R" emblem for use on other MkIVs?
I've seen people put Porsche "turbo" badges on Passats as well as "1.8T" badges.
I'm happy with my stock badges: PASSAT, W8, and 4Motion!

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Run the badges that came on your car. Anybody who knows anything about your kind of car will disrespect you for having out-of-place badges.
While I think putting an R32 badge on a B5 is silly, I see no problem with putting a VW 1.8T badge on a car that does indeed have a 1.8T.

SirWired

·
Registered
14 Posts
u can get them on ebay.. i have an R badge on my W8 was originally for an R32 (Just R not the 32).. iunno how most people think of only civics.. jaguars also use R to show their performance line

·
Registered
897 Posts
Beacuse the 1.8T was the base Passat's engine, VWoA did not put the 1.8T badge found in other markets. Base Passats in Europe had a 1.6, 1.8 non turbo and eventually a 8V 2.0 as their base engines. These had no engine badges outside. The 1.8T (150 hp) was an optional engine and did show the badge outside, some markets had the higher output 1.8T (170hp) and those had the "T" in red as opposed to all chrome. The North American spec B5.5s got the higher output 1.8T. There was a "V" model in Europe, but it did not have a 'V" bagde, it was a trim line exclusive to the V6 and V5 engines and was the high end trim before the W8.

I put a 1.8T with the red "T" on mine, originally had a all chrome 1.8T badge.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I put a 1.8T all chrome on the back of mine. It may get badged with a red T at some point.

I'd like to get one of the new VW Individual badges ;)

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Beacuse the 1.8T was the base Passat's engine, VWoA did not put the 1.8T badge found in other markets. Base Passats in Europe had a 1.6, 1.8 non turbo and eventually a 8V 2.0 as their base engines. These had no engine badges outside. The 1.8T (150 hp) was an optional engine and did show the badge outside, some markets had the higher output 1.8T (170hp) and those had the "T" in red as opposed to all chrome. The North American spec B5.5s got the higher output 1.8T. There was a "V" model in Europe, but it did not have a 'V" bagde, it was a trim line exclusive to the V6 and V5 engines and was the high end trim before the W8.

I put a 1.8T with the red "T" on mine, originally had a all chrome 1.8T badge.
what i find strange is that the a4 1.8t and 2.0t have badges, whereas the passat does not.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
While I think putting an R32 badge on a B5 is silly, I see no problem with putting a VW 1.8T badge on a car that does indeed have a 1.8T.

SirWired
Meh. Yes, it's a valid badge, but it's also an advertisement that you have one of the most coveted moddable engines on the planet -- which, of course, is also an advertisement that you've modded your engine. I prefer to advertise with the sound of a cold-air intake, myself.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts